Variety

Boba-faye

My young veiled Cham (Yoda) loves his crickets, and I use vitamin and calcium supplement as recommended , but Ifeel like he needs variety. Tried meal worms (he does not care for them at all), I introduced them in a bowl hanging in his cage, even put a cricket in it to get his attention, he ate the cricket out of the bowl no problem but ignores the worms. I've ordered flightless fruit flies from Flukkers but am out of ideas of what to add to his diet. Worried he will not be getting enough out of his cricket/supplement diet to stay healthy....

Attachments

• IMG_0132.JPG
    IMG_0132.JPG
    242.5 KB · Views: 114
Dubia roaches, silkworms and hornworms are nice additions. It seems to take some time to get them interested in something they have never tasted before. It took my friends panthers time to get used to dubia when he first got his colony. He starts the babies on them and now they all eat them. some better than others.

Thanks! I'll see what my local store has to offer and give it a try, May have to order like I did with the flies

I suggest

Superworms
Silk worms
Wax worms (Treats)
Hoppers
Roaches ( i dont use roaches as i hate roaches)
Calci worms
Horn worms ( dont sell in uk)

Also Id suggest not using meal worms as they can cause a blockage luckily your cham doesn't like them :)

Superworms and Silk worms are great. Remember to Gutload your feeders.
I also suggest Repashy Calcium Plus Suppliment ITS SO GOOD.

Update on yoda, brought home super worms this afternoon and he ate one right away. Happy momma right here
Also upgraded our cricket enclosure, purchased some gut load type of supplement to give them as well as those flukkers orangie things.
Also introduced a ficus plant (I noticed him tugging on his fake plants yesterday) seemed like he could use some real foliage.
Still awaiting our flightless fruit flies and monsoon mister, pretty happy with how we are learning and expanding for this little guy. This forum has helped so much with the process.

Attachments

• IMG_0135.JPG
    IMG_0135.JPG
    264.8 KB · Views: 108
I use crickets, superworms, butterworms(high in calcium), and hornworms. Stay away from the mealworms i hear they are not the healthiest choice anyway. Silkworms and phoenix worms are a great choice if you can find them

Back
Top Bottom