UVB pickle

Okay, so this is basically what I am doing. I apologize, this thread has been all over the place.
Carly needs an enclosure upgrade
1. New enclosure from DIY cages
2. T5 UVB/HOOD
3. TWO umbrella plants (extra privacy)
4. LARGER lay bin
5. More climbing opportunities

Okay, so this is basically what I am doing. I apologize, this thread has been all over the place.
Carly needs an enclosure upgrade
1. New enclosure from DIY cages
2. T5 UVB/HOOD
3. TWO umbrella plants (extra privacy)
4. LARGER lay bin
5. More climbing opportunities

Gonna need a sansi grow light or a well placed halogen basking light, to keep umbrellas alive :p

I’ve had the exact same problems with them. The only way to contact them is email, which no employees responded to on time with me. I had a $400 order come in over a month late, with shipping damage, wrong items, and missing items! They wouldn’t offer a shipping refund because it was the same price for them either way! I called their none-wholesale part of the company, and they said they have no way to contact them. Either one or both is BSing! Anyway, sorry for rant!
Looks like their short-sightedness cost them at least our business. I would order $300-$400 worth of stuff at a time.

Looks like their short-sightedness cost them at least our business. I would order $300-$400 worth of stuff at a time.
Same, I had a few large orders before that with no problems, but they’ve lost my business now. They always boast on their social media about the biggest orders, so you’d think our big orders would be important to them, but I guess not. They’ve probably lost out (including with my upcoming cage build) a minimum of 2-3K

They are halogen. Can you use them for plant lights?
Enough of them for plant lights might make the enclosure too hot.
Halogens give off a lot of heat, which is why they make good basking lights.
LEDs (like Sansi) give off little heat and a LOT of light.

Okay thanks @Klyde O'Scope. Do I need to buy a fixture to put it in or will it fit in my zoo med dome?
The one I linked to (had to edit—forgot to link) is self-contained.
The bulb type like [B]AmandaS [/B]mentioned are fine (we have some of those as well) but you might need more than one, and I'm not sure it has the same penetration ability (getting light down into the enclosure).

The bulb type like [B]AmandaS [/B]mentioned are fine (we have some of those as well) but you might need more than one, and I'm not sure it has the same penetration ability (getting light down into the enclosure).
I am going to be buying two umbrellas. How many will I need?

That might be OK for basking; finding the best wattage is usually trial & error.
For plant lights, a Sansi would really (IMO) be better.
I have 2 of these, and though my Schefflera is 18" away, it's thriving and growing like crazy.
https://www.sansiled.com/70w-led-grow-light-full-spectrum.html

Yes, that ones way better. I just figured she was looking for one she could screw in.

Also, for an umbrella tree, would I need a sansai?
You will need a good plant light. It doesnt have to be sansi. You could use spider farmer light brands.
The fixture you got, is it for a single t5, or is it a double, or triple?

Back
Top Bottom