UVB pickle

Fchamel

Chameleon Enthusiast
Okay everyone. Currently stressing. I am upgrading my UVB to t5. I was letting my t8 10.0 reach the replacement months and here it is by feb 12th.

I was on pangia reptile.. they say you can fit a 22" bulb in a 24" hood. 👀

Also. Can you put an arcadia in a reptisun t5 hood, or do you have to get a totally different hood for arcadia?

Thanks! 😃

a "24 inch bulb " is actually closet to 22". It will fit in a 24" fixture.
Any T5 bulb will fit into any (same sized) T5 fixture. you cannot fit a 36" T5 bulb into a 24" fixture. :)
Be aware though, a T5 puts out a lot more uvb than a t8. If you've been using a t8 10.0, will will probably want to go with a 5.0 or 6.0. if you stay with a 10.0 t5, you will have to raise the fixture to get the same uvb readings at the cham's basking spot.
(You are now free to stress over something new):)

Hello! I found exactly what I needed on reptile supply co. Before I order..... Are they trustworthy?

a "24 inch bulb " is actually closet to 22". It will fit in a 24" fixture.
Any T5 bulb will fit into any (same sized) T5 fixture. you cannot fit a 36" T5 bulb into a 24" fixture. :)
Be aware though, a T5 puts out a lot more uvb than a t8. If you've been using a t8 10.0, will will probably want to go with a 5.0 or 6.0. if you stay with a 10.0 t5, you will have to raise the fixture to get the same uvb readings at the cham's basking spot.
(You are now free to stress over something new):)
Thank you for your input!

You are most welcome!
The 10.0 t5's are STRONG bulbs. I have a small 12" t5 10.0 that is probably close to a year old, and it still throws uvb readings of 7-8 six inches under it when laid on top of a reptibreeze cage. I think they recommend you mount 10.0's like a foot above the enclosure. the upside to that, of course, is you have a wider swath of ideal uvb for your guy (or girl)

You are most welcome!
The 10.0 t5's are STRONG bulbs. I have a small 12" t5 10.0 that is probably close to a year old, and it still throws uvb readings of 7-8 six inches under it when laid on top of a reptibreeze cage. I think they recommend you mount 10.0's like a foot above the enclosure. the upside to that, of course, is you have a wider swath of ideal uvb for your guy (or girl)
What do you think of reptile supply co? I have struck an amazing deal on their website.

You are most welcome!

Yea even the T5 5.0 its 4" above screen or more if you have a screen hanger :)

Hello! I found exactly what I needed on reptile supply co. Before I order..... Are they trustworthy?
I have never used them. Seems like most of my orders are other through Josh's or lll reptile. if they weren't trustworthy though, I'm not sure they could survive in this day and age.

So I will have to raise my UVB up from my screen? I am also planning on clearing out everything from the enclosure and placing branches at a lower height because it's a t5 HO.

Yea, I want to redo some of the enclosure's to get the basking areas higher in an effort to open up more space underneath. trying to come up with an easy to make mount for the fixture (that won't look ghetto) to get them off the top of the cage.

So I will have to raise my UVB up from my screen? I am also planning on clearing out everything from the enclosure and placing branches at a lower height because it's a t5 HO.
If you are redoing the cage, you can just place the basking area lower. That is one way to do it.
Or raise the fixture up some, like 3-4" probably.

Back
Top Bottom