uvb light

rocket89

my chameleon is always walking all over his cage and sometimes he hang upside down near his uvb light. does time mean that there isnt anymore ray and that it need to be replace?

Please don't bump threads...... especially only 39 minutes after you created the thread. Weekends are generally slower on the forum. :)

What kind of UVB are you using? If you are using a Zoo Med 5.0 linear UVB lamp, you are fine.

Please don't bump threads...... especially only 39 minutes after you created the thread. Weekends are generally slower on the forum. :)

What kind of UVB are you using? If you are using a Zoo Med 5.0 linear UVB lamp, you are fine.

What does the type of bulb have to do with it ? It still may need to be replaced. How long has the bulb been in use ?

because if you were using the incorrect bulb, you might burn your chameleons eyes if he got that close. The Reptisuns are safe.

i got a reptisun 5.0 and i just got it on may. another thing, i have a 2x2x4 cage, can i use my 18 inch uvb light on my 2x2x4 ?

i got a reptisun 5.0 and i just got it on may. another thing, i have a 2x2x4 cage, can i use my 18 inch uvb light on my 2x2x4 ?

does the fixture cover the width of the cage? My fixture covers the width and my width is 36. The bulb is a 24 inch that fits in a 36 inch hood. I mean it can be short but you are better off coverinig as much of the cage as possible. I am sure it will work.

does the fixture cover the width of the cage? My fixture covers the width and my width is 36. The bulb is a 24 inch that fits in a 36 inch hood. I mean it can be short but you are better off coverinig as much of the cage as possible. I am sure it will work.

it just for the short period of time until i get paid, then i can switch it into a larger bulb.

because if you were using the incorrect bulb, you might burn your chameleons eyes if he got that close. The Reptisuns are safe.

he was asking if that since his chameleon was climbing near the top of the cage, does that indicate that his UVB was "running low" on his bulb. That has nothing to do with what kind of bulb it is or not.

But either way... no, it is not a reliable indicator of a "low" UVB bulb.

What does the type of bulb have to do with it ? It still may need to be replaced. How long has the bulb been in use ?

Types of lamps will be different from one another. And yes time of use will matter.

Thanks Carol, exactly my point.

it just for the short period of time until i get paid, then i can switch it into a larger bulb.

You should look into the 24" dual linear DIYCages.com fixtures. These aren't cheap but are pretty nice and they fit perfect. Notable is the reflector.

Types of lamps will be different from one another. And yes time of use will matter.

Thanks Carol, exactly my point.

You should look into the 24" dual linear DIYCages.com fixtures. These aren't cheap but are pretty nice and they fit perfect. Notable is the reflector.

is it the LH-4 "24" or the FH-4-24?

my chameleon is always walking all over his cage and sometimes he hang upside down near his uvb light. does time mean that there isnt anymore ray and that it need to be replace?

What are his basking and ambient temperatures? It could be that he's cold and searching for heat. Or it could just be that he likes to hang upside down. Some chams do. How old is he?

is it the LH-4 "24" or the FH-4-24?

The FH is the one you want. Tge fixture is $50 shipped. Not bad since you don't gave to pay shipping.

Look online to find a 6500k T8 lamp or buy a zoo med 2.0 UVB lamp to place in the fixture with the zoo med 5.0 or 10.0. With your cage, a 10.0 might be a better idea.

The FH is the one you want. Tge fixture is $50 shipped. Not bad since you don't gave to pay shipping.

Look online to find a 6500k T8 lamp or buy a zoo med 2.0 UVB lamp to place in the fixture with the zoo med 5.0 or 10.0. With your cage, a 10.0 might be a better idea.

a 10? that will be 20.0. isnt that going to be to much for a panther?

a 10? that will be 20.0. isnt that going to be to much for a panther?

using two 5.0 lamps will not give you the same UVB output as a 10.0 lamp.

You want to use a 10.0 with a 2.0 or 6500K lamp.

2.0 "UVB" lamps are just 6500K lamps... they put out a small amount of UVB, but not enough to matter. But the color of a 6500K is good for you plants and it also gives more spectra to your cage, making it more naturally lit.

So Rocket, look for a 24" T8 6500K lamp OR buy the Zoo Med 2.0 UVB ReptiSun OR the Zoo Med 'NatureSun' (this too is a 6500K). and install it next to a Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB lamp. Both lamps should be 24" and the size of lamp should be a T8. Don't worry about the wattage.

lightexample.jpg

Back
Top Bottom