Uvb exposure

No its not chicken wire. It's 1/4" steel hardware cloth. Actually a wire mesh with 1/4" square openings. I am planning on a solarmeter but just haven't got one as yet. I build my own enclosures and that's the material I use so it is a little different than the usual screen cage. I have the same idea as far as adjusting the height of fixture so a meter is in the immediate future.

I've never used chicken wire for my enclosures because I'm afraid of stray feeders escaping so I can't necessarily help you there. I can definitely tell you what readings without any mesh are if that helps. I would guess that the chicken wire has very little effect on the UVB. Just an idea, but you could always use the forum search tab and search the keyword "chicken wire" and see if you can find a recent thread. See if someone on that thread DIY'd a cage with chicken wire and PM them about your question. Maybe that's a bit too much work, but just an idea haha.

I noticed you're in SoCal as am I. If I'm ever in the area after this statewide quarantine, I could drop by with my solar meter if that helps. If you find that weird that's okay, just don't want to possibly be able to help and not offer.

No its not chicken wire. It's 1/4" steel hardware cloth. Actually a wire mesh with 1/4" square openings. I am planning on a solarmeter but just haven't got one as yet. I build my own enclosures and that's the material I use so it is a little different than the usual screen cage. I have the same idea as far as adjusting the height of fixture so a meter is in the immediate future.

Also, I would love to see some pics of the enclosure you made. I think other ppl would enjoy, too.

Also, I would love to see some pics of the enclosure you made. I think other ppl would enjoy, too.
NOT chicken wire. True that small insects can escape thru 1/4" opening but I don't feed anything that small. Yeah, I'm way down south in Cal. not too far from mexican border. Thanks for offer but will have my meter soon.

NOT chicken wire. True that small insects can escape thru 1/4" opening but I don't feed anything that small. Yeah, I'm way down south in Cal. not too far from mexican border. Thanks for offer but will have my meter soon.

Sorry about that. I need to learn to read good. lol
1585096584389.png

No worries. Always happy to help if I can.

Back
Top Bottom