UV light ? Screen caging ?

"Breeders do it" is not enough to prove anything, especially when I've seen the horribly deformed iguanas from people trying out that method.

Besides all the great papers that Ferret has found for you, I think we could also think about this logically. If you say how unnatural it is to have chameleons in screen cages for one reason or another, you don't think it's unnatural to have a diurnal lizard that basks in the sun without any of the sun's benefits besides heat? Why would it make sense NOT to provide it? I'd like to hear some reasoning behind that.

Also, I think screen cages work really well for some people/circumstances and not for others. Being in Florida, I don't have an issue with humidity, and my reptile room is at a good temp for them. BUT, I do have a solid back on my screen cage and the two sides of the cages are covered with plastic 3/4 of the way down as visual dividers, so this does keep the humidity in the air longer. Screen cages have the benefit, in my opinion, of being pretty adaptable to problems with heat or humidity. You just need to cover the sides as little or as much as you need and then revert back if you don't need it any more.

I hate people that come here to prove people wrong and find an argument. Your clearly not a Cham King. People have gave you the Info you need, so stop arguing.
Shame on you.

"Breeders do it" is not enough to prove anything, especially when I've seen the horribly deformed iguanas from people trying out that method.

Yes and no i've seen both ways. So all im asking is has anyone tested it FULLY without UV with chams.I personly dont use UV with other lizards and have great success in breeding,egg laying and hatching and never lost one to MBD and i know of many also who had same results.

Besides all the great papers that Ferret has found for you, I think we could also think about this logically. If you say how unnatural it is to have chameleons in screen cages for one reason or another, you don't think it's unnatural to have a diurnal lizard that basks in the sun without any of the sun's benefits besides heat? Why would it make sense NOT to provide it? I'd like to hear some reasoning behind that.

Also, I think screen cages work really well for some people/circumstances and not for others. Being in Florida, I don't have an issue with humidity, and my reptile room is at a good temp for them. BUT, I do have a solid back on my screen cage and the two sides of the cages are covered with plastic 3/4 of the way down as visual dividers, so this does keep the humidity in the air longer. Screen cages have the benefit, in my opinion, of being pretty adaptable to problems with heat or humidity. You just need to cover the sides as little or as much as you need and then revert back if you don't need it any more.

I'd also like to hear the answer to this.....

I hate people that come here to prove people wrong and find an argument. Your clearly not a Cham King. People have gave you the Info you need, so stop arguing.
Shame on you.

Just trying to see whats been tested. Not trying to prove anyone wrong or right just stating reports and asking if others tested this with chams as with other lizards have. A name is a NAME just cause it says cham king dosnt mean anything as you think.I don't claim to be its just a name.

I don't believe anything you've said. Why do i get that instinct?
I feel that what you've asked is irrelevant and doesn't need to be questioned with the evidence that is already out there.

Troll, anyone?

What species have you kept so successfully? Can we see photos and all that good stuff?

SURE THING not trying to start anything just asking questions. Ive kept panthers and bred them for many years,also tons of montiors species,lizards,snakes etc.

Attachments

• Ambilobe Babies hatching 7-25-08 002.JPG
    Ambilobe Babies hatching 7-25-08 002.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Ambilobe Babies hatching 7-25-08 005.JPG
    Ambilobe Babies hatching 7-25-08 005.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Flavi coming out of egg 005.JPG
    Flavi coming out of egg 005.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 147
Earlier in the thread you admitted that Iggy's and other species CAN get MBD.

Quoted from you:
So can Iggys and beaded dragons

So WHY are you really questioning this for a chameleon? Chameleon's are more fragile and delicate.

You my friend, are not legit.

Troll I agree.

Comparing a beardie and iggy to a cham is impossible. One may be more tolerant than the other.. testing had been done and MBD Is usually the result. If not always. If u succesfully keep chams for.generations with ZERO UVB an award will be coming ur way. I recommend killing this thread Its gone no where

Comparing a beardie and iggy to a cham is impossible. One may be more tolerant than the other.. testing had been done and MBD Is usually the result. If not always. If u succesfully keep chams for.generations with ZERO UVB an award will be coming ur way. I recommend killing this thread Its gone no where

Correct. Not comparing each other to each. JUST asking a question has anyone tested this thought without UV fully that's all nothing more nothing less.I never said i did use UV with all the chams we produced which was years ago just asked a question geeze.

This. Right here. He was given valid citations. Chose to ignore them. And continues saying its been "proven" that iggys and beardies can go without it. Anyone who knows Anything about science knows you don't prove things. You support them. Especially when he has some of our resident vets telling him he's wrong. trololol.

Back
Top Bottom