Uv and glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why not share your results to educate us? Because I found multiple sources that said otherwise from your original commentary.
I diddnt document the event with photos or hard video evidence i did it out of curiosity and I'm simply not motivated to drag everything out and run it all again like I'm the host of mythbusters. And even if I did produce some kind of evidence I'm sure it would subjected to more accusations of fiction. It's easy and fun i welcome nay i challenge anyone to make a day of it and be the one that proves me wrong :)

Exactly.. as does the glass lmao.. it redirects not as efficiently as a polished reflective surface but it does reflect UV rays.
It's not bouncing around like a microwave. It's literally dicipating in UVI at the same rate. And all the light waves that are being reflected by the glass are going to direct that light into the ground therfore useless. There's nothing being amplified and there's no benefit to an animal

It's not bouncing around like a microwave. It's literally dicipating in UVI at the same rate. And all the light waves that are being reflected by the glass are going to direct that light into the ground therfore useless. There's nothing being amplified and there's no benefit to an animal
Ok :)

Seriously? One glass tank with a screen top and one reptibreeze fully screen enclosure both having screen tops one being a glass terrarium and the other a screened terrarium. A glass tank with a glass top is a fish tank.

Dude-- I'm trying to understand and learn--as you stated above. I've not once been anything but kind and curious. I apparantly miss understood your initial posts. My bad but if you want someone to ask questions and learn then dont be a @%$#.

Last edited by a moderator:

I thought you said you did tests that proved it was creating a microwave? What happened to that?

I’m not unwilling to learn that’s why I’m here. You argue and argue about the uv rays creating a microwave effect and say I’m unwilling to learn. Now all of a sudden you agree that it doesn’t create a microwave? Seriously get out of my thread.

Dude-- I'm trying to understand and learn--as you stated above. I've not once been anything but kind and curious. I apparantly miss understood your initial posts. My bad but if you want someone to ask questions and learn then dont be a @%$#.

My apologies for misleading you in that way when I said seriously? Lol I was being genuine as i thought I was being trolled, I did not mean to come off as a detective or male appendage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought you said you did tests that proved it was creating a microwave? What happened to that?

I’m not unwilling to learn that’s why I’m here. You argue and argue about the uv rays creating a microwave effect and say I’m unwilling to learn. Now all of a sudden you agree that it doesn’t create a microwave? Seriously get out of my thread.
You can't honestly think that I thought you could put a frozen burrito in your lizard cage to cook it. I was stating the similarity is all. Get a grip my friend were all here to learn :)

You can't honestly think that I thought you could put a frozen burrito in your lizard cage to cook it. I was stating the similarity is all. Get a grip my friend were all here to learn :)

So what happenedto your snakes that your employee cooked in a glass tank in 65 degree temps? You weren’t stating similarities you were saying it as fact.

So what happenedto your snakes that your employee cooked in a glass tank in 65 degree temps? You weren’t stating similarities you were saying it as fact.

Yes those were facts stated and also the reason I took an interest in how uv rays bounce becuase i couldnt figure how what seemed like 30 seconds in the sun at 65° could kill all of these snakes so I then ran the test and found my results to be conclusive evidence that a glass tank creates a more uv rich environment than a screen one. We all know the sun is way more powerful than any bulb so I doubt you could reproduce cooked snakes with a bulb however long term exposure to higher than normal uv could have it's effects.

Yes those were facts stated and also the reason I took an interest in how uv rays bounce becuase i couldnt figure how what seemed like 30 seconds in the sun at 65° could kill all of these snakes so I then ran the test and found my results to be conclusive evidence that a glass tank creates a more uv rich environment than a screen one. We all know the sun is way more powerful than any bulb so I doubt you could reproduce cooked snakes with a bulb however long term exposure to higher than normal uv could have it's effects.

I seriously doubt 30 seconds in the sun could have any effect at all. I doubt your whole story. Whatever I’m done with you. Anyone can read what you wrote and decide for themselves. I’m now leaving my own thread.

I seriously doubt 30 seconds in the sun could have any effect at all. I doubt your whole story. Whatever I’m done with you. Anyone can read what you wrote and decide for themselves. I’m now leaving my own thread.
Good ridden

Good ridden

Nobody has submitted any proof of any kind lol it's all been hearsay so once again I challenge you to stop bn a big pack of thickheaded sourpusses and run the experiment yourselves you may find yourself surprised in your findings. If not then you get to come running back here to prove me wrong, its very simple and I'm sure atleast one of you has the equipment to run the test as the only way you will be convinced is to see it with your own 2 eyes.. smh I must say I had higher hopes

Nobody has submitted any proof of any kind lol it's all been hearsay so once again I challenge you to stop bn a big pack of thickheaded sourpusses and run the experiment yourselves you may find yourself surprised in your findings. If not then you get to come running back here to prove me wrong, its very simple and I'm sure atleast one of you has the equipment to run the test as the only way you will be convinced is to see it with your own 2 eyes.. smh I must say I had higher hopes

I do not have the equipment. Hence all my questions and attempts to understand.

I do not have the equipment. Hence all my questions and attempts to understand.

Understandable. I think I only have one glass tank at the moment and its buried in storage. And all of my mesh enclosures are in use and my solor meter is somewhere in one of my reptile rooms. But that's all you really need.. eventually I may dig it all up and take some pics for you :)

Excuse me because I’m new to this “discussion” but I am absolutely sick of people making statements like they’ve done validated field trials with NO evidence to show for it. And when you ask for evidence to back up their claims they tell you to go prove them wrong. That is not how this works. The burden of proof is on the one making the claims. You have to defend your statements with facts to be taken even remotely serious. Absolutely absurd to think that anyone would listen to you without any facts to back you up. Get real or get out.

I couldn’t read through all the drivel but it sounds like you’re saying that a glass cage will have higher UVB than a screen cage while they both have screen tops correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom