URI MN Vet Help

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Male panther over a year old I've had him for about a year.

Handling - Handle maybe once a week at most.

Feeding - Feed gutloaded crickets and silkworms. Slowed down eating crickets after spot showed up.

Supplements - Repti-cal supplements. D3 and muti twice a month and normal calcium every cricket feeding.

Watering - Misting, electronic mister that goes on for 30 seconds a couple times a day, recently it's been malfunctioning and spraying when it wants.

Fecal Description - Normally brown and white and solid, saw one slightly oranger one recently but then I saw him drink a lot the next day.

History - Totally normal usually.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Screen 3 foot reptibreeze

Lighting - 60 watt incadescent heat bulb 6 inches above basking spot, a full spectrum light for hibiscus to grow and 5.0 reptisun 18"

Temperature - Usually about 85-89F in basking area as it got colder the temp dropped a few degrees. Ambient was in upper 70s and at night its in the 70s.

Humidity - 40-80% mist a couple times a day and use a plant to hold moisture.

Plants - One hibiscus in organic soil.

Placement - 4 feet off the ground in front of window in a not super high traffic area. Closed my bamboo blinds as it got colder to block off cold coming off glass.

Location - Minnesota

Current Problem - Today I noticed, when I reached for him, he gaped while breathing his mouth full of bubbles. I saw him drool bubbles two times previously within a week or two without thinking nothing of it. I also have heard him "pop" while breathing sometimes and previously assumed that he was blowing that white build up out of his nose.

He also has a grey spot with a yellow ring around it on his belly that nobody could figure out what it is on a different thread. After I noticed that he slowed on eating too. He also mated a while after the spot showed up but before the diet decrease.

I wondering if anyone knows of a chameleon experienced vet in MN specifically in the twin-cities area. Also everyone's medical knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much guys I really appreciate it I'm going to try to make an appointment asap. I'm almost positive that it's my malfunctioning monsoon mister that had a part to do with this (me being the other part :( ). The mister fried it's own timer and started misting whenever it felt like it without me noticing.

Anyways thanks again, I'll probably keep everyone posted so as to get more help in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom