Urgent help!

is it a linear or CFL style UVB bulb...

100watt blue basking, why blue? i understand its much cooler there so that may be the reason for the 100watt, i use 60watt house bulbs and get the UVA they need and heat from that....

as said earlier, the pictures were you thought it was his eye, those were sperm plugs, he could use a bit more water, i understand he is ill and finding a reliable vet for chameleons can be difficult.

The showers will be a big help for him, my chameleon freaked out the first time but after I got the temp right he liked it. Make sure and do it everyday until he is better and give him time to dry before his lights go out. Saline solution will also help, I use it in the shower if i see any loose debris in his eye. Also every time you give him a shower change the paper towels or whatever you keep on the bottom of his cage, and get something like natural chemistry healthy habitat 100% all natural product to spray his cage down with once a week. I like that stuff because you spray it on and thats it, you can do it with your guy in there too, just dont spray him. Once every month or two I take him out, take the cage outside and use NOLVASAN disinfectant on his whole enclosure and let it sit wet for 10 minutes, let it dry completly, then rinse the leaves off with water, you dont have to, but its what i do. and your good for another month or two. It works really well as a cleaner and a disinfectant. As for the lighting, i use a reptisun 5.0 and a 60 watt day blue bulb both by zoo meds they work really well. I dont know about the reptglo but if its a 5.0 tube light you should be good there. Keep us updated and let me know how his first shower goes.

If you are looking for a better vet, I can find you some help. I suspect I know where you are going, and if so you are spending lots of $ for help you are not getting. If you're interested, PM me and I'll help you out with some vet options.

If you want to fight for him to live, I'll help you fight. Ok? :)

is it a linear or CFL style UVB bulb...

100watt blue basking, why blue? i understand its much cooler there so that may be the reason for the 100watt, i use 60watt house bulbs and get the UVA they need and heat from that....

as said earlier, the pictures were you thought it was his eye, those were sperm plugs, he could use a bit more water, i understand he is ill and finding a reliable vet for chameleons can be difficult.

linear its def not coil. i use the 100 cause it being really cold here now in winterpeg and it keeps the temp warm in the house. im starting to see his left eye now =D i see his iris and his pupil so i think he is really starting to get better

The showers will be a big help for him, my chameleon freaked out the first time but after I got the temp right he liked it. Make sure and do it everyday until he is better and give him time to dry before his lights go out. Saline solution will also help, I use it in the shower if i see any loose debris in his eye. Also every time you give him a shower change the paper towels or whatever you keep on the bottom of his cage, and get something like natural chemistry healthy habitat 100% all natural product to spray his cage down with once a week. I like that stuff because you spray it on and thats it, you can do it with your guy in there too, just dont spray him. Once every month or two I take him out, take the cage outside and use NOLVASAN disinfectant on his whole enclosure and let it sit wet for 10 minutes, let it dry completly, then rinse the leaves off with water, you dont have to, but its what i do. and your good for another month or two. It works really well as a cleaner and a disinfectant. As for the lighting, i use a reptisun 5.0 and a 60 watt day blue bulb both by zoo meds they work really well. I dont know about the reptglo but if its a 5.0 tube light you should be good there. Keep us updated and let me know how his first shower goes.
we will try this! his shower went really good and he was drinking and he has better grip. where would we buy the stuff? in a pet store or do we have to order online?

we will try this! his shower went really good and he was drinking and he has better grip. where would we buy the stuff? in a pet store or do we have to order online?

I went online to Amazon and bought a gallon. It will let me forever! Get a smaller one if you can.:)

I am very glad he was drinking thats really good.keep them going untill he is all better. I gave mine showers one time a day for a month and now i do it one time every other week he seems to like it. and it gives me time to really clean his cage.
You can get the Nolvasan S online or threw a pet store or live stock store. It is a very good live stock disinfectant. and is safe for your chameleon once it dryes.It will last you a long time. amazon.com has a 16 oz. bottle for 19.99 us.. it mixes 6 tablespoonfuls per gallon. make sure you get the Nolvasan S and not the other few thay make.Also on the natural chemistry healthy habitat you can get it at your pet store or online. Also here in a few days after a few showers re post some pics I would like to keep up with how he is doing.

Back
Top Bottom