****URGENT****Does her coloring mean she's already laid her eggs?

Gottimercedes

What does a female ready to lay eggs exactly look like?

I'm new with chameleons but I think my female ambilobe might have gotten pregnant and possibly laid her eggs but I'm not so sure so I REALLY need some help. If anyone has a picture of their ambilobe when she was about to lay her eggs it would be awesome so I could see a picture. Thank you.

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Do you have a potted plant? Is the dirt from the potted plant on the bottom of the enclosure? Does the soil looked like its been dug in cause it may not be on the ground if your soil is not filled to the top of your pot for your plant?

Yes I have everything for her that I need and no I don't house them together but I don't know how to tell when she's pregnant since I'm new to this. I've done a lot of reading and had put him into her cage and she was receptive and I'm just wondering how female ambilobe chameleons will for sure look. She first was light tan and then turned to a a rich dark brown and now she looks like the picture I posted but I just checked after I posted this forum and there are no eggs. I'm just looking for some advice.

Yes I have everything for her that I need and no I don't house them together but I don't know how to tell when she's pregnant since I'm new to this. I've done a lot of reading and had put him into her cage and she was receptive and I'm just wondering how female ambilobe chameleons will for sure look. She first was light tan and then turned to a a rich dark brown and now she looks like the picture I posted but I just checked after I posted this forum and there are no eggs. I'm just looking for some advice.

has she stopped eating? Do you notice her going to the bottom of the cage looking around to dig? how long ago did you try and mate them? does she look fatter than normal to you? Feel around her stomach and see if you can feel eggs.

How long ago did you mate her?
Do you have a suitable place in the cage for her to dig to show you that she's ready to lay the eggs?

Back
Top Bottom