Urate has blood, poops are small

How exactly do you have his enclosure set up? I have never seen one like yours. I do not see a linear UVB but also uvb will not penetrate glass.

Per the food the feeders are given... Avoid Spinach it binds calcium... I would not do oatmeal... It is just filler and be careful having grains like that stay moist. You can end up with other issues.

Go with the veg on this image and this type of ratio. You can still buy organic produce. You want the bulk of it to be green veg and only a small fraction to be fruit.

View attachment 298378
Lol you are on point 👌

How exactly do you have his enclosure set up? I have never seen one like yours. I do not see a linear UVB but also uvb will not penetrate glass.

Per the food the feeders are given... Avoid Spinach it binds calcium... I would not do oatmeal... It is just filler and be careful having grains like that stay moist. You can end up with other issues.

Go with the veg on this image and this type of ratio. You can still buy organic produce. You want the bulk of it to be green veg and only a small fraction to be fruit.

View attachment 298378
This is the last picture I have of his new enclosure we built it from scratch. The glass top was built by hand which I don’t have a picture of right now but it has an open in the middle where the lights penetrate through... it’s built with a wire mesh that has holes, and on the back of his enclosure we also have mesh so it’s more breathable. He has a UVB/heat bulb that’s the reptisun brand. And then a regular heat bulb that gets changed out when it gets to be summer (like it is now) to a regular light bulb.

Attachments

• BEB9C284-6EE2-45CE-8DAE-5F2D943F27CB.jpeg
    BEB9C284-6EE2-45CE-8DAE-5F2D943F27CB.jpeg
    269.5 KB · Views: 77
This is the last picture I have of his new enclosure we built it from scratch. The glass top was built by hand which I don’t have a picture of right now but it has an open in the middle where the lights penetrate through... it’s built with a wire mesh that has holes, and on the back of his enclosure we also have mesh so it’s more breathable. He has a UVB/heat bulb that’s the reptisun brand. And then a regular heat bulb that gets changed out when it gets to be summer (like it is now) to a regular light bulb.
Then he also has his big tree on the outside of his enclosure where he can climb more freely.

Attachments

• 120AF714-F28F-411F-A95E-F5374E989367.jpeg
    120AF714-F28F-411F-A95E-F5374E989367.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 69
A t5ho linear ? Fluorescent .
Sorry it’s actually an exo terra solar glo bulb that provides heat + uvb, his heat bulb is an repti sun bulb. It was recommended by his vet to buy the only issue is that the uvb gets pretty weak after about 3-4 months rather than 6 months.

Attachments

• D5A27F08-1171-4616-B4D2-C0E92CFC9995.png
    D5A27F08-1171-4616-B4D2-C0E92CFC9995.png
    405.5 KB · Views: 63
Sorry it’s actually an exo terra solar glo bulb that provides heat + uvb, his heat bulb is an repti sun bulb. It was recommended by his vet to buy the only issue is that the uvb gets pretty weak after about 3-4 months rather than 6 months.
So these are dangerous on small enclosures and when you do not have a Solarmeter 6.5 to check uvi levels. This is called a Mercury vapor bulb. It is heat plus UVB but they put out much higher heat and UVB levels. They are not recommended for use with chams unless you can check the UVI level with a solarmeter 6.5 to ensure there is not overexposure. Veileds should have no higher then a 3 uvi level at the basking branch. Overexposure can be just as dangerous as underexposure when it comes to potential health issues.

What are his temps at basking? I would imagine having two heat bulbs which is essentially what you have with the MV bulb and the heat bulb that it is much hotter then recommended for a male veiled. Your looking for 80-85 very max end.

Hi . So im not a vet ( not all vets are equal and I've had my fair share ) but I would ditch the Mercury vapour bulb (your uv will likely be too high) I checked a bulb last week and it read 9 at 12 inches away ( burrowed a solarmeter) you want around 3 reading. I don't know about your electric but a t5ho fluorescent will use less electricity than an mv. And running this plus a heat light will most likely be pushing your temps up to much and also drying out the air ( what are your humidity levels. Have you filled out a husbandry form which would be the best way for the good people on here to point you in the right direction 😉. If your cham is drinking but still dehydrated?

Hi . So im not a vet ( not all vets are equal and I've had my fair share ) but I would ditch the Mercury vapour bulb (your uv will likely be too high) I checked a bulb last week and it read 9 at 12 inches away ( burrowed a solarmeter) you want around 3 reading. I don't know about your electric but a t5ho fluorescent will use less electricity than an mv. And running this plus a heat light will most likely be pushing your temps up to much and also drying out the air ( what are your humidity levels. Have you filled out a husbandry form which would be the best way for the good people on here to point you in the right direction 😉. If your cham is drinking but still dehydrated?
I’ve done the husbandry before his humidity is 30-40% during the day, 50% in the morning, and about 80-85% at night. His temp gauge is reading 85 degrees at the basking point.

It’s actually reading at 84 right now and it’s right on his basking branch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 74
Nolan’s vet appt went well. The dr didn’t notice anything that worried him. No parasites, and he actually stopped bleeding 2 days after this post. He’s healthy.

Back
Top Bottom