Urate has blood, poops are small

KhameleonMomz

Established Member
Hi guys! I’m really worried about Nolan😞. He has been having blood stained urates, and very small poops if any at all. He hasn’t had a urate today which is odd because he usually goes everyday. I have decreased his food intake pretty significantly since he started getting a little chunky but I don’t know why their would be blood? Is it constipation possibly? He has relatively small urates so the size isn’t typical but the color is slightly odd.

Attachments

• F92AAF6B-4F59-469C-B224-2FF01575D103.jpeg
    F92AAF6B-4F59-469C-B224-2FF01575D103.jpeg
    229.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 6CC00B2E-2B28-430D-9E07-E45B6951AC97.jpeg
    6CC00B2E-2B28-430D-9E07-E45B6951AC97.jpeg
    258.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 5385C10C-6608-4AE4-ABD6-24894B3A7290.jpeg
    5385C10C-6608-4AE4-ABD6-24894B3A7290.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 116
He has an appointment with the vet on Friday but I’m going to worry until then. He is also eating and drinking like normal. It has been hotter than usual because I live in South Texas and he is in shed but he’s also having issues with his shed. He has a lot of issues with shedding ever since we got him a year ago but now he’s having a significant issues to the point that I’m intervening with the shed.

Hi since your appointment isn't till Friday can you post pictures of your cham. Obviously you had a husbandry check when you joined here right? Has anything changed diet , supplements etc. It looks like just urate no poo or very little was it fresh looks dry

He has an appointment with the vet on Friday but I’m going to worry until then. He is also eating and drinking like normal. It has been hotter than usual because I live in South Texas and he is in shed but he’s also having issues with his shed. He has a lot of issues with shedding ever since we got him a year ago but now he’s having a significant issues to the point that I’m intervening with the shed.
Save a poop in a ziplock, in the frig, on Thursday incase you can’t get one on Friday.

Hi since your appointment isn't till Friday can you post pictures of your cham. Obviously you had a husbandry check when you joined here right? Has anything changed diet , supplements etc. It looks like just urate no poo or very little was it fresh looks dry
The only thing that has changed is his diet. I started feeding him a lot less because he started getting chunky monkey. He used to eat everyday (he’s 13 months old) but the last 3 weeks I’ve only been feeding him 2 large crickets and 3 large worms every 2-3 days.

I hope not!😞 I get fresh organic worms and crickets from a local farmer and they’ve always been really good about that stuff!

These are from right now @5:07pm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 102
what do you mean fresh organic from a farmer? What are the worms? And what do they use them for?
They are wax worms, and regular crickets but they are fed with oatmeal, varies veggies such as lettuce and spinach and fruit like peaches and bananas. And those veggies and fruits themselves are organic because they are grown on that same farm where the insects are raised

These are from right now @5:07pm
How exactly do you have his enclosure set up? I have never seen one like yours. I do not see a linear UVB but also uvb will not penetrate glass.

Per the food the feeders are given... Avoid Spinach it binds calcium... I would not do oatmeal... It is just filler and be careful having grains like that stay moist. You can end up with other issues.

Go with the veg on this image and this type of ratio. You can still buy organic produce. You want the bulk of it to be green veg and only a small fraction to be fruit.

chameleon-gutload.jpg

They are wax worms, and regular crickets but they are fed with oatmeal, varies veggies such as lettuce and spinach and fruit like peaches and bananas. And those veggies and fruits themselves are organic because they are grown on that same farm where the insects are raised
Organic is good if it is the right foods . What are your lights do you have a linear t5ho . ? Imo I would cut out the spinach.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210115-215443_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210115-215443_Chrome.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_20200820-133907_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200820-133907_Chrome.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 64
Back
Top Bottom