upper respiratory infection

hotdirt823

well i woke up this morning and norticed my cham's mouth gapping so i checked his body temp with my infared and he seemed fine adjust the temp a lil same thing lil later one attempt at adjusting the temp no luck. so i now have a vet appointment for 2MARROW MORNING AND OFCOURSE THEY WHERE ALL BOOKED SO I HAVE TO PAY EMERGENCY RATE. but i dont want to leave my boy longer then need so it is what it is. my issue is i have a 6and a half month old veiled that i have had since may and he does not let me near him never mind touch him i got him out of hte cage once and that was no fun for either of use and now i might have to give him meds everyday any one have any suggestions. ill post back 2marrow after the vet app it is at 9am i hopr everything turns out alright

What makes you think that he has an RI? Were there any other signs besides gapping? What is the temp in his basking spot?

yeah there where other signs saliva in the corners of his mouth and a slight weezing i should have wrote that but been more worried about his temper ive had a ton of chams and none as mean as him ive had to administer meds before in the past but always with kind mannered chams iam pretty good at getting there mouth open with a gentle finger to the bottom jaw but this guy bites and hard snd all the time he is the first cham ive had that does not calm down once on you he keeps bitting and bitting and hard he is hands down the meanest cham ever. his temps vary he has a 89 degree spot a 81 degree spot and a 85 and some times he chills in this area with no light that is in the low00'sto high 70's but not often maybe see him there once a day always aroound midday like he is taking a lil cool dowm. his cage is 34 in across the front 24 deep and 4ft high so i have a double dome on one side that is the hotter side then i have a single on the other side towards the front that is the 85 degree area and inbetween ranges in between the 2 temps with the gun it usally reads 81 humidty ranges from 50 to 70 i try to keep it in the 65 range. i have a football game tonight but when iget home late night ill fill out the how to ask for help so that you can get an idea of what he lives in i just dont have the time right now

use gloves and if need to give meds maybr a smaller setup so that u can get to him without taking him out, just for the duration of the meds. i know i had a vieled like yours

I had a veiled years ago that was a demon. I had to use a wooden spoon. Id let him bite the spoon. Then quickly get the syringe in the corner of the mouth and inject the meds. Let him release the spoon and swallow. It was much less stressful on him and on me. I'd have to fight with him to get meds in before I figured out that little trick. Then it became a quick 5 min process for both of us. ;) Hope that helps you....

yeah that sounds good and i am already setting uo his old cage witch is the 24 by24 by 3ft smallest i have but figured i would set it up with just a ton of vines asnd a small plant or 2 iam going 900am hopefully everything turns out good

well deisel is fine turns out he is healthy as an ox lol his mouth was just open and the weezing was just a aform of hissing today at the vet he made like a cats meow i was pretty freaked out but he is just vocal. i was tripping out about the saliva but i also have the worst eye sight so better safe then sorry id rather be sure then have waited and hurt my lil guy. vet is doing a fecal gonna call me 2marrow with the results of that also desiel weighs 122 grams thanks all for the help and support. oh and i go t to handle him twice today with out being bitten he got me today when i iwas getting him out as usually but when i igot him to the vet i was able to get him out and he was fine and when i got home same thing so i made the best of it and spent some time with him when ii got home

Back
Top Bottom