Upgrading Ares' current enclosure

dlaunde

Established Member
Hey all,

Ares, my 18 month and 164g Panther, is sick and tired of his cramped 36x18x18 cage and rightfully so. I am in the process of making room for a bigger enclosure and plan to get him what he needs by the end of August (in the middle of an internship and finishing my Master's while simultaneously getting ready to start my PhD so it's a little hectic).

I am looking at DragonStrand. While I know many people will simply say to get the 48x24x24, Ares seems to never like going more then halfway down his current cage so I was thinking of getting the wider cage they have which is 30hx28wx18d this way he has more lateral movement between the two plants in his cage.

Would that be a good, permanent upgrade or do I absolutely need to do the 48x24x24 for his size?

Thanks

I would honestly just build the cage yourself if you're up to it. You can do whatever you want with it. If you don't really want to though, I would go with the 48x24x24

Edit: I should also add that that I built my own 5'Lx2.5'Dx6'H wooden cage and, minus the lighting (Which was super expensive because the cage is so big, as well as bioactive. You likely won't need as much) it cost me around $250, which is a lot less than if I got it custom made.

Last edited:
Thanks. I looked into building my own a little but nothing major. I'll look into that route a little more strongly.

The only reason I was looking at pre-made is because the DragonStrand ledges and Drainage Trays fit all sizes out there basically.

Also, Ares appreciates the help!

Snapchat-1013886955~2.jpg
image000000.jpg

Back
Top Bottom