Updated Iris plants

Kylarben92

I cant keep plants alive for the life of me! So got some more pothos bc that seems to be the only ones I can keep alive lol but now waiting until after my vacation in beginning of july to upgrade her enclosure and buy a misting system. I have a big plans for her final cage. Just need to gather more funding. But this is her for now. For another month and then her final enclosure will be here and lay bin and misting system temps in picture are not correct.. just put them in after deep cleaning. And can anyone guess her age?

Attachments

• 20200606_150855.jpg
    20200606_150855.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 20200606_150853.jpg
    20200606_150853.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Snapchat-1819440012.jpg
    Snapchat-1819440012.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 55
Yeah she is growing out of that one for sure. You might want to move the digital reader so that it is not getting wet or it will stop working on you.
Plants are tough... If you do not have enough light then they will die off. Pothos are very tolerant of all conditions.

Yeah she is growing out of that one for sure. You might want to move the digital reader so that it is not getting wet or it will stop working on you.
Plants are tough... If you do not have enough light then they will die off. Pothos are very tolerant of all conditions.
Yeah she is definitely out growing this one. And I put tape around all the seals on it. So it wouldnt leak into it. And it sends all the data to my phone. I plan on getting better ones when I upgrade. And oh yeahh the pothos are way easier. I'm just so happy that she is healthy and eating, drinking, pooping regular. For being a first time reptile owner. I'm so happy that I'm doing this well for her.

Yeah she is definitely out growing this one. And I put tape around all the seals on it. So it wouldnt leak into it. And it sends all the data to my phone. I plan on getting better ones when I upgrade. And oh yeahh the pothos are way easier. I'm just so happy that she is healthy and eating, drinking, pooping regular. For being a first time reptile owner. I'm so happy that I'm doing this well for her.
Great job... Make sure the tape does not lift with the humidity. Also based on the fact that you have her in a 16inch cage I would put her age based on her size at right around 6 months old ish.

Great job... Make sure the tape does not lift with the humidity. Also based on the fact that you have her in a 16inch cage I would put her age based on her size at right around 6 months old ish.
Thank u! Yeah I figured she was either 5 or 6 months old. She just shed about 3 days ago it's the 3rd shed since I have had her. I'm nervous about the laying and such but I've read so much and watched so many videos i think I'm just over informed... if u know what I mean lol. But yeah I'm proud of myself. Thnk u!

Thank u! Yeah I figured she was either 5 or 6 months old. She just shed about 3 days ago it's the 3rd shed since I have had her. I'm nervous about the laying and such but I've read so much and watched so many videos i think I'm just over informed... if u know what I mean lol. But yeah I'm proud of myself. Thnk u!
You know how to cut back her food and to keep her heat temp at 79-80 max correct?

You know how to cut back her food and to keep her heat temp at 79-80 max correct?
Yes. The only real question I have is when do I switch her to eating every other day instead of daily. And how much exactly should she be eating

Yes. The only real question I have is when do I switch her to eating every other day instead of daily. And how much exactly should she be eating
This is the advice of that a friend of mine give and utilizes with her females.
You will have to start cutting back her food. By about 6 months she should be getting about 5-8 small feeders each day. At about 7 months you want to slowly reduce by cutting down feeders so that she is on a feeding schedule of 3 days a week with 3-4 feeders. You want them to be on this schedule by the time they are 10 months old.

This is the advice of that a friend of mine give and utilizes with her females.
You will have to start cutting back her food. By about 6 months she should be getting about 5-8 small feeders each day. At about 7 months you want to slowly reduce by cutting down feeders so that she is on a feeding schedule of 3 days a week with 3-4 feeders. You want them to be on this schedule by the time they are 10 months old.
Thank u so I should cut back now to eating about 8 feeders every day now? And work my way to 3 to 4 every other day.

Bc of my morning work schedule. She is eating once a day and I usually give her about 15-20 feeders depending on her mood.
Oh yeah... So she is going to be in for a shock but she needs a reduction.
So first step. Cut her back to 10 small feeders every day.
Then next week Cut her back to 8small feeders every day.
3rd week Cut her back to 7 small feeders every day.
4th week cut her back to 6 small feeders every day.

Then you start an every other day schedule of 6 to get her used to it. At this point she is roughly 7 months old. By the time she is 10 months old she needs to be on a schedule of 3 days a week and 3-4 feeders. So you will want to ease her into it over the three month period... Removing a feeder etc and converting to 3 days a week.

Oh yeah... So she is going to be in for a shock but she needs a reduction.
So first step. Cut her back to 10 small feeders every day.
Then next week Cut her back to 8small feeders every day.
3rd week Cut her back to 7 small feeders every day.
4th week cut her back to 6 small feeders every day.

Then you start an every other day schedule of 6 to get her used to it. At this point she is roughly 7 months old. By the time she is 10 months old she needs to be on a schedule of 3 days a week and 3-4 feeders. So you will want to ease her into it over the three month period... Removing a feeder etc and converting to 3 days a week.
Thank u so much! I screen shotted this and gonna start doing this tomorrow. Already fed for the day today. And yeah I'm ready to get her on the laying egg schedule. I think lol thank u for this so much

Thank u so much! I screen shotted this and gonna start doing this tomorrow. Already fed for the day today. And yeah I'm ready to get her on the laying egg schedule. I think lol thank u for this so much
Your welcome hun. She will not be happy about the reduced feeding... Just tell her it is good for her :hilarious:

Your welcome hun. She will not be happy about the reduced feeding... Just tell her it is good for her :hilarious:
Lol yeah the one and only time she hissed at me is when she wanted to eat more lol and she hissed at my boyfriend for the same thing lol but I'll talk her thru it

Back
Top Bottom