Updated Inclosure for Pico

PicoTheCham

Hey!
I just updated my veiled cham’s cage and wanted to ask for any suggestions, etc... to do to it, and overall opinions :) Pictures are below

edit: ignore the spilled cup on the ground,, he knocked it over and i put it back upright after lol

Attachments

• B59CCAC0-4B7F-42AE-B360-8315AAF7FA6F.jpeg
    B59CCAC0-4B7F-42AE-B360-8315AAF7FA6F.jpeg
    217.1 KB · Views: 86
Hey!
I just updated my veiled cham’s cage and wanted to ask for any suggestions, etc... to do to it, and overall opinions :) Pictures are below

edit: ignore the spilled cup on the ground,, he knocked it over and i put it back upright after lol

Love the wood peace’s . You could add a hanging plant . Chameleon’s live where there’s lots of cover more like a canopy . As your adding keep that in mind :) .

Last edited:
It looks like your using the double dome light fixture. I would get a linear t5 uvb bulb. Also looks like it could use a basking branch a bit higher but it depends on your temps. Some more plant coverage would be good. Other then that it’s looking good.

What size enclosure you got there??
You got some good tips above, I would just suggest removing the water bowl at the bottom of the enclosure as well

It’s 18x18x36 im pretty sure. I plan on getting him a bigger one soon. probably in january-ish. He drinks out of the water bowl which I know is unusual but when I had a dripper with a bowl at the bottom to catch the water, he would just drink out of the bowl and completely ignore the dripper so I just use the bowl now.

It’s 18x18x36 im pretty sure. I plan on getting him a bigger one soon. probably in january-ish. He drinks out of the water bowl which I know is unusual but when I had a dripper with a bowl at the bottom to catch the water, he would just drink out of the bowl and completely ignore the dripper so I just use the bowl now.
The bowl can be a really bad breeding ground for bacteria. If you take it out and have your dripper just drip in to a potted plant he will eventually figure out to drink off the leaves:)
You are going to want to upgrade way sooner than january. He is already getting too big for that enclosure.

Back
Top Bottom