Update On Viserion

Rogue

Avid Member
It has been forever since I have posted any updates on Viserion, our Nosey Be. Some may remember we got him from a reptile show in late August. What I didn't publicly share at the time was when we got him, he had a swollen rear ankle, was malnourished, dehydrated, and very dull colors. We took him to his amazing vet within a week and while he passed all tests with flying colors, including his fecal, the ankle was a concern. His vet examined him thoroughly, watched his movements, did x-rays, and put Viserion thru a few exercises. While he showed no other symptoms of gout, the vet warned us it could be very early stages and placed Viserion on a strict diet.

Below was the day we brought him home and his back right swollen ankle.

First Day! Sat 8-26-17.jpg

After many months of help from other members, his vet, and maintaining his new diet, I am so glad to say his swollen ankle is gone and he is as healthy as can be! We are still unsure of his exact age but we believe he is about 1 year and a couple months (the breeder said he was almost a year old when we got him; he weighed 55 grams at his first vet appointment). He eats wonderfully, drinks "normally" (he no longer acts like he is constantly thirsty, another alarming behavior he had) and always shows healthy and absolutely white urates. Here is a picture of him now, displaying that beautiful "U" bar we have grown to love! There have been absolutely no modifications or enhancements to this photo.

20171109_171827.jpg

His colors are much more radiant as well. Love our little stinker! :love::cool:

#teamblue

I've never been real fond of nosey bes, but from the day you got Viserion, I have thought he was absolutely stunning! Definitely one of my favorite nosey bes, if not my favorite, that I have ever seen.

I've never been real fond of nosey bes, but from the day you got Viserion, I have thought he was absolutely stunning! Definitely one of my favorite nosey bes, if not my favorite, that I have ever seen.

Awww, thank you so much! For a blue guy, he can display an amazing array of blues, including almost an unreal deep blue/green. I had my heart set on an Ambilobe but fate had other things in mind. I wouldn't trade him for the world!

His deep blue/greens:
20171007_090742-1.jpg

Been thinking about getting him a girlfriend eventually ;) Really throwing around a cross with a Nosey Boraha.

Awww, thank you so much! For a blue guy, he can display an amazing array of blues, including almost an unreal deep blue/green. I had my heart set on an Ambilobe but fate had other things in mind. I wouldn't trade him for the world!

His deep blue/greens:
View attachment 194299

Been thinking about getting him a girlfriend eventually ;) Really throwing around a cross with a Nosey Boraha.
I bet that would look awesome! I was going to get a veiled sometime this year, but I decided it wasn't a good time to get a cham. I definitely have my heart set on a tamatave Panther in a year or two though.

I bet that would look awesome! I was going to get a veiled sometime this year, but I decided it wasn't a good time to get a cham. I definitely have my heart set on a tamatave Panther in a year or two though.

I totally understand! Now that Viserion is healthy, I have been bitten by the chameleon bug lol! If only my wallet could agree

He has such a clean white stripe. I think that he has wonderful genetics for breeding, if you want , but you should be prepared.

He has such a clean white stripe. I think that he has wonderful genetics for breeding, if you want , but you should be prepared.

I love his bold white stripe. Oh I would never go into breeding until I was absolutely prepared. As it is I know keeping a female is an entirely different ballgame, let alone incubating eggs and caring for hatchlings ;)

I totally understand! Now that Viserion is healthy, I have been bitten by the chameleon bug lol! If only my wallet could agree
The things that we do for our animals. I have a horse, I have to scoop 37 stalls 3 times a week to work off board, and then it's $80+ a month for feed, and he's just one of my many animals. I decided I shouldn't add a chameleon to the mix lol.

The things that we do for our animals. I have a horse, I have to scoop 37 stalls 3 times a week to work off board, and then it's $80+ a month for feed, and he's just one of my many animals. I decided I shouldn't add a chameleon to the mix lol.
Trust me, I understand! We have 3 cats, one has had urinary issues since he was born, and our other male we adopted with a tail broken in two places. Now, we consider Viserion "special needs" since we have to be very careful about his diet and gutload for the rest of his life. My husband might argue I am a special needs human lol!

Back
Top Bottom