Update on my new rescued veiled chameleon

Frigga

Established Member
Hela Update: So it's been 9 days since I rescued my female veiled chameleon, Hela, from the miserable conditions her previous owners had her in, she's been doing really good, and she had her first ever vet appointment today! I am so relieved to hear the doc says she looks great, especially coming from the conditions she was in. No parasites, no signs of MBD. He said to keep an eye on the little bump on her back, but that it could be nothing to worry about, we'll have to kinda wait an see.
He said she looks to be about 7-8 months old, obviously she's not the 2 year old male I was told she was, which I knew the male part was wrong. I was glad she is much younger than I was told from the previous owners and that she hadn't been living in hell that long.
All and all, I'm so happy and so relieved she got a clear bill of health. Her new cage set up should be ready tomorrow, I'm excited to continue to spoil her.

Hela's back story:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/sometimes-i-really-hate-people.164828/#post-1425491

The vet and I also talked about possibly getting her spayed, which I didn't even know that was a thing for reptiles! So I was wondering if anyone here had any thoughts on the matter? I have no intention of ever breeding her with my male, and don't want them to even know the other exists. Laying eggs sounds like a pain and then there's all the risks involved. But then the vet tech had mentioned to me that one chameleon patient that had to be spayed multiple times, so to me it seem if it's something that has to continually be done it wouldn't be worth it, especially with how much it costs.
I'm going to read up on it some more, but would love to hear your thoughts on pros and cons as well.
20180730_151727.jpg
20180730_144313.jpg
20180730_151727.jpg
20180730_144313.jpg
20180730_151727.jpg
20180730_144313.jpg

Thanks guys! I'm super happy to have her. I wasn't planning on taking in rescues, but I'm really looking forward to giving her the life she deserves, being healthy and happy :love:

Back
Top Bottom