Update on my little girl Kimi

Kimi has been with me now about 1.5 Month and she is doing good. Eating and pooping well. I hand feed her everyday and she takes the feeders right from my hand and eat them as well. Haven’t handled her much maybe twice because she runs and hides and puffs up. I have a free ranges tree pretty big and Charlie my Panther Chameleon loves it and can wait to get on it. I know Veiled or different and more on the aggressive side. I would love but now it may never happens for her to get the use of the free range tree aswell but I don’t want to force her out of her terrarium and lose the trust I have with her and the hand feeding so far. Any pointers you guys maybe can give me.
Here is Kimi the day I got her to now

Attachments

• 1168B5D6-1440-4590-9378-02503D83D89F.jpeg
    1168B5D6-1440-4590-9378-02503D83D89F.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 109E2617-33C8-42C1-BEE6-3557D9CC342E.jpeg
    109E2617-33C8-42C1-BEE6-3557D9CC342E.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 105
With mine I would use a high value treat feeder. His happen to be waxworms. Of course this was back before I knew that waxworms were not a good idea. But anyways I started out hand feeding. Then once he trusted my hand I started putting one hand out and then with the feeder in the fingers of my other hand hold it farther up my arm so he could see it. He finally got to the point after about 3 weeks that he would step out onto my hand to go for the treat then he would crawl farther up my hand to get it when I held it farther away. I would never move during this trust exercise. And I would not take him out of his enclosure. Until finally he would just come on up my hand to my arm. Now I can't get him to stay in his house. If I walk by he thinks I have food and comes to his door waiting LOL> He will come out now without any food enticement :)

With mine I would use a high value treat feeder. His happen to be waxworms. Of course this was back before I knew that waxworms were not a good idea. But anyways I started out hand feeding. Then once he trusted my hand I started putting one hand out and then with the feeder in the fingers of my other hand hold it farther up my arm so he could see it. He finally got to the point after about 3 weeks that he would step out onto my hand to go for the treat then he would crawl farther up my hand to get it when I held it farther away. I would never move during this trust exercise. And I would not take him out of his enclosure. Until finally he would just come on up my hand to my arm. Now I can't get him to stay in his house. If I walk by he thinks I have food and comes to his door waiting LOL> He will come out now without any food enticement :)
Charlie is like that I walk by and he thinks I have food and wants out or if I bring the big free range tree he can’t wait to come out. Ok so I will continue working on the hand feeding with her and hopefully she will someday trust me enough to enjoy the free range tree as well. Thank you for your reply

Charlie is like that I walk by and he thinks I have food and wants out or if I bring the big free range tree he can’t wait to come out. Ok so I will continue working on the hand feeding with her and hopefully she will someday trust me enough to enjoy the free range tree as well. Thank you for your reply
Yeah the worst part was holding still with my arm out lol. When I would shift even slightly he would back off. But I have heard from a lot of people that it really just depends on their personality. But your girl looks pretty young so it may just be a matter of time. Beman was 4 months when I got him and by 5 months he was all about me being the great bringer of food lol.

Back
Top Bottom