Update on "Help! Disaster! I don't know what to do"

It's been a while, but firstly I would just like to say thank you for all of your help! A lot had happened and I was too stressed to think clearly, you all took time out of your day to give me some great advice, and I cannot thank you enough!

When we last left off I came back from a trip and found everything in shambles, I don't think my chameleon had been fed in 4 days, my mister had broken, and ants invaded my whole house killing all but 13 (adult females) from my roach colony.

Now finally for the update- I was able to get the ants out of my room (although they are still attacking my house, it's ridiculous and I've never had this problem before) it took a few days, and in the meantime my chameleon had to be in my living room. He really didn't like this, he hissed at me and tried to bite me quite a few times (which he's never really done before, but I understand that he was probably just pretty stressed). He ended up tearing a hole in his screen enclosure, so until I fix that he's free ranging in my room so my cats don't eat him (I already kind of had a setup for this, but he mostly stayed to his cage because I never finished it or put lighting). I drove to my dad's for Father's Day, and bought six dozen crickets at a good pet shop where he lives (my pet store is atrocious) I was also supposed to buy a cockroach colony (or at least some roaches to help repare mine) but I'm assuming the dude didn't want to and instead of telling me the truth he ghosted me... So I'm still working on that. I haven't yet got a replacement for my automatic mister, so I've just been hand-misting in the meantime, I'm also going to get/make a tripper (I intended to do it before, but my mister had a leak in it and my chameleon used that as his dripper). Today my chameleon started to shed, which is always fun! And I'm currently trying to figure out how to set up my fogger in his new spot (every time he sheds he LOVES to sit in front of it). I believe that's all I have to update on regarding my chameleon, thank you again for reading, and giving me advice!

P.s. I also mentioned that my dog had gotten out while I was gone, it rained really bad while I was gone, and my dog was found in drainage pond last Friday, he was taken to the animal hospital, where he passed away Monday morning/Sunday night.

Attachments

• Snapchat-2093059562.jpg
    Snapchat-2093059562.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 153
Wow! Your chameleon must be super strong to tear his way out of his enclosure! You could try patching it with a small piece of screen secured over the hole with hot glue. It won’t be pretty, but it will work. Just avoid anything with tape or that stays sticky as you don’t need any more problems. I’m so sorry about your dog. My chameleon

Wow! Your chameleon must be super strong to tear his way out of his enclosure! You could try patching it with a small piece of screen secured over the hole with hot glue. It won’t be pretty, but it will work. Just avoid anything with tape or that stays sticky as you don’t need any more problems. I’m so sorry about your dog. :(
My chameleon picked at the corner, and managed to tear out most of the siding (it's an older cage so probably need to be replaced anyways) I ordered some screening and I'm going to fix it this weekend. I originally tried covering it, but man is my chameleon determined!

Sounds like you have had your share of bad luck lately. Stay positive and look for brighter days coming in the future.
Sorry about your dog and I know it's tuff as I have lost one recently.
Thank you, and I'm also sorry about the loss of your dog. Life really likes to knock you on your butt, and kick you while you're down, but good things come in time. I got to see my cousin for the first time in 2 years (he's four so that's literally half his life!) I also got to meet his baby brother for the first time, and I'm going to see my sister for the first time in over 3 years here shortly! Today I also woke up and found that at least two of my roaches were still pregnant and had their nymphs (which reminded me to come back here, lol). So just a reminder to anyone reading, life's hard, but it does get better in time!

It's been a while, but firstly I would just like to say thank you for all of your help! A lot had happened and I was too stressed to think clearly, you all took time out of your day to give me some great advice, and I cannot thank you enough!

When we last left off I came back from a trip and found everything in shambles, I don't think my chameleon had been fed in 4 days, my mister had broken, and ants invaded my whole house killing all but 13 (adult females) from my roach colony.

Now finally for the update- I was able to get the ants out of my room (although they are still attacking my house, it's ridiculous and I've never had this problem before) it took a few days, and in the meantime my chameleon had to be in my living room. He really didn't like this, he hissed at me and tried to bite me quite a few times (which he's never really done before, but I understand that he was probably just pretty stressed). He ended up tearing a hole in his screen enclosure, so until I fix that he's free ranging in my room so my cats don't eat him (I already kind of had a setup for this, but he mostly stayed to his cage because I never finished it or put lighting). I drove to my dad's for Father's Day, and bought six dozen crickets at a good pet shop where he lives (my pet store is atrocious) I was also supposed to buy a cockroach colony (or at least some roaches to help repare mine) but I'm assuming the dude didn't want to and instead of telling me the truth he ghosted me... So I'm still working on that. I haven't yet got a replacement for my automatic mister, so I've just been hand-misting in the meantime, I'm also going to get/make a tripper (I intended to do it before, but my mister had a leak in it and my chameleon used that as his dripper). Today my chameleon started to shed, which is always fun! And I'm currently trying to figure out how to set up my fogger in his new spot (every time he sheds he LOVES to sit in front of it). I believe that's all I have to update on regarding my chameleon, thank you again for reading, and giving me advice!

P.s. I also mentioned that my dog had gotten out while I was gone, it rained really bad while I was gone, and my dog was found in drainage pond last Friday, he was taken to the animal hospital, where he passed away Monday morning/Sunday night.
I’m so sorry for the loss of your dog

Wow! Your chameleon must be super strong to tear his way out of his enclosure! You could try patching it with a small piece of screen secured over the hole with hot glue. It won’t be pretty, but it will work. Just avoid anything with tape or that stays sticky as you don’t need any more problems. I’m so sorry about your dog. :(
Depending on the size, HD has screen repair kits that work great. Put it to size and blow dryer heat fuses it.

Thank you, and I'm also sorry about the loss of your dog. Life really likes to knock you on your butt, and kick you while you're down, but good things come in time. I got to see my cousin for the first time in 2 years (he's four so that's literally half his life!) I also got to meet his baby brother for the first time, and I'm going to see my sister for the first time in over 3 years here shortly! Today I also woke up and found that at least two of my roaches were still pregnant and had their nymphs (which reminded me to come back here, lol). So just a reminder to anyone reading, life's hard, but it does get better in time!
Yeah, I like the old saying "what doesn't kill you will make you stronger"😉

Back
Top Bottom