Update on Apollo

Male veiled chameleon 3-4 months old , 5 days today
Not handling at all
Crickets as many as he will eat a day 7-15 , I leave his crickets in a feeder and I am using some cricket crack and water jell from the pet stores this week is my Cacium with d3
I have a mister and a dripper for my chameleon I mist for a min before the lights go on and before the light go off and once mid day
I’ve seen one poop and it was runny I haven’t see any in the day and I can’t really move leaves around cause he’s scared of me and will hide
I need the whole thing filled out with detail. Specifically on what lighting your using. Please copy and paste and add your details to it.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Veiled chameleon 3-4 months old is a male I’ve had him since Friday
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? None at the moment
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I’m feeding crickets and Gutloading cricked crack and water supplements the sold at the store
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? This week I’m using d3 ever other day I feed in the mourning
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Misting he drinks off. Of the leaves but their is a dripper by his feeding cup
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Last dropping was mostly liquid and light brown , isn’t know if he’s been tested and their are no vets in my area who can test him
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?aluminum Screen and the four Walls and metal screen. 38 inches tall 26 wide its
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? I’m using a the home depot natural light 100 watt that was suggested on Neptune the chameleon channel , and I have a company uvb for inside i am waiting for him to get better to start taking outside for uvb intel my zoomed 5.0 comes in from 8 am to 8pm
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? His basing spot is 85 and the lower end of the cage is about 78-80
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Humidity is about 55-65 , misting , live plants ,
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Im using a Hawaiian ti and another plant recommended to many I can’t think of the name
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Their is a fan in the center of the room, not much traffic. The bottom of the cage is probably three to four feet off the ground
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? Oklahoma

Ok see my feedback and questions in red Bold.

]Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Veiled chameleon 3-4 months old is a male I’ve had him since Friday
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? None at the moment
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I’m feeding crickets and Gutloading cricked crack and water supplements the sold at the store
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? This week I’m using d3 ever other day I feed in the mourning This is too much D3... Calcium with D3 should only be used 2 times a month. You can overdose on D3 since it is fat soluble and is stored in the body. You need to be using a calcium WITHOUT D3 at every feeding. Then 2 times a month a calcium WITH D3 and 2 times a month a multivitamin. These two are rotated week to week.
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Misting he drinks off. Of the leaves but their is a dripper by his feeding cup
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Last dropping was mostly liquid and light brown , isn’t know if he’s been tested and their are no vets in my area who can test him
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?aluminum Screen and the four Walls and metal screen. 38 inches tall 26 wide its
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? I’m using a the home depot natural light 100 watt that was suggested on Neptune the chameleon channel , and I have a company uvb for inside i am waiting for him to get better to start taking outside for uvb intel my zoomed 5.0 comes in from 8 am to 8pm Ok so this was part of the question I needed info on... You have the issue now that he is getting NO UVB at basking with the compact bulb. But you will have another issue when you get the T5HO of overexposure to uvb since you do not have a solarmeter to check your levels and you are not using the standard screen mesh for the top panel. Because you used the larger guage your UV levels will be much higher because it does not have the mesh screen to cut 40%. This means you will need to find someone to give you exact feedback on how high you need to lift your UVB off the cage and what distance you basking branch should be away from it. Or you need to buy a solarmeter 6.5 to check the uvi level. Or you will need to add the mesh to the top so it cuts some of the UVB.
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? His basing spot is 85 and the lower end of the cage is about 78-80
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Humidity is about 55-65 , misting , live plants ,
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Im using a Hawaiian ti and another plant recommended to many I can’t think of the name
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Their is a fan in the center of the room, not much traffic. The bottom of the cage is probably three to four feet off the ground
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? Oklahoma
So I am sticking with my original statement that for this baby to be closing eyes like this from the first day of getting him that something health wise is not ok. I would get a fecal done to rule out parasites. This would be a priority if it were my cham.

Okay I’ve talked to my local vet and she knows of one vet she’s getting me the number so I can try that , and since I’m not using mesh will my compact uvb work at al or is he getting zero uvb? And I could use mesh to put underneath the zoomed light
?

Okay I’ve talked to my local vet and she knows of one vet she’s getting me the number so I can try that , and since I’m not using mesh will my compact uvb work at al or is he getting zero uvb? And I could use mesh to put underneath the zoomed light
?
No with the compact he more then likely is not getting UVB. Watch this video. And if you use the screen material under the T5HO UVB with a 5.0 bulb then you want basking level to be about 9 inches below the top where the fixture is sitting to get a 3 UVI at basking.

Back
Top Bottom