Update on Apollo

So I added sticks last night two hours before lights went out he slept on my mister hose. This mourning he was still sleepy after lights went out his lights have been on for 15 mins now I added and additional feeder so hopefully he’ll eat more today. He’s got the white spots on his head so I believe he’s shedding, when I came in this morning after the lights he was puffed up with his mouth open and was chilling he is already using the sticks I added as I was typing he made it over to eat , he seems way more active rn I’ll keep you posted. I should add more sticks right I plan on it today ?( he ate all six in the new feeder I added 8 crickets and 4 mill worms ) he’s rubbing his head against his stick ?

Attachments

• 69A15B1F-4422-48CB-B99F-3CB11DF5CB4C.jpeg
    69A15B1F-4422-48CB-B99F-3CB11DF5CB4C.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 117
I like your feeder bowl.
You should really not be feeding mealworms, they are not very nutritious and have a hard exoskeleton that can be difficult for chameleons to digest.

Ya I don’t think he likes them anyways I just threw the ones I had in I’m not gonna buy anymore I just knew they went on hunger strikes so I got some

Superworms are like monster-sized mealworms. They are okay to give to your chameleon in moderation. These are like lizard crack. Lol.

He ate explored and now is napping (which is a bad sign that’s the only thing I worry about )

Attachments

• E693F3A1-523B-4260-844D-763CC820CB42.jpeg
    E693F3A1-523B-4260-844D-763CC820CB42.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 93
  • FCF5422F-DBFB-460E-906E-3F14E849DA0D.jpeg
    FCF5422F-DBFB-460E-906E-3F14E849DA0D.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 55
Ya already did the owner said to check up Monday he seemed like no matter what he would help he was cool. Idk when he’s up he just fine idk why he naps I’m super worried

Try to keep everything in one thread... For those helping you it is hard to track everything with multiple threads.

I agree with @AmandaS . Something is very wrong that he is sleeping like this during the day. Kinda starting to wonder if there isn't a parasite issue. I would start making phone calls tomorrow to exotic Vets and find out if you can bring in a fecal sample.

Okay I will do that he’s got to poop first and I’ll have to find one near me if there are any we personally know a great vet but it’s for farm animals so idk I’ll talk to the breeder again and sorry for not keeping it on one thread

Okay I will do that he’s got to poop first and I’ll have to find one near me if there are any we personally know a great vet but it’s for farm animals so idk I’ll talk to the breeder again and sorry for not keeping it on one thread
It is just hard to track when we are helping within multiple threads. :)

Any Vet should be able to send a fecal for parasite testing. They may not be able to treat with meds but they can get the test run. You need a fresh fecal from within 24 hours.

Update on Apollo so today’s his third day in his cage he gets up and eats crickets I haven’t seen him drink out of my dripper :( but he’s drank off of leaves early in the morning very energetic moves around then (also loves his branches and vines ) he heads to his perch and watches the cage for a while then sleeps I text the breeder today to give him a update. I haven’t seen any poop to send for a test and am trying to talk to my vet :)

Okay so apollo seems so healthy and eats and drinks but he’s still sleepy he moves around but just sleeps during that day he eats at least 6 crickets a day 10 -15 every other day

Attachments

• 62EFAD7C-13B2-406F-9BEE-BDFCA42E6106.jpeg
    62EFAD7C-13B2-406F-9BEE-BDFCA42E6106.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 63
Okay so apollo seems so healthy and eats and drinks but he’s still sleepy he moves around but just sleeps during that day he eats at least 6 crickets a day 10 -15 every other day
Have you filled out this help form yet? The other thing I am considering I need to know more info on before I throw it out there as a possibility.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Male veiled chameleon 3-4 months old , 5 days today
Not handling at all
Crickets as many as he will eat a day 7-15 , I leave his crickets in a feeder and I am using some cricket crack and water jell from the pet stores this week is my Cacium with d3
I have a mister and a dripper for my chameleon I mist for a min before the lights go on and before the light go off and once mid day
I’ve seen one poop and it was runny I haven’t see any in the day and I can’t really move leaves around cause he’s scared of me and will hide

Back
Top Bottom