Update (New Veiled Chameleon)

BCboom

Just wanted to give you guys an update from my last post https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/new-veiled-chameleon.180859/
This is his 4th day with me.
My veiled chameleon is doing really well, today he ate 5 crickets (dusted in calcium without d3 and gutloaded) and drank a ton. His colors are looking alot better today as well. He's been very active :D

Attachments

• IMG_7024.jpg
    IMG_7024.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 74
Baby should be eating more like 20-25 a day at this age easily... Make sure they are the proper size and that your providing enough each day.
These crickets are medium size (technically small size but they came in slightly larger, he had no problem eating them so Im not complaining) and if he wanted he could have eaten more. I keep the crickets in a plastic container (off the ground but not too high) so he can easily access them anytime he's hungry. So far it seems to be working well, he eats throughout the day.

Last edited:
These crickets are medium size (technically small size but they came in slightly larger, he had no problem eating them so Im not complaining) and if he wanted he could have eaten more. I keep the crickets in a plastic container (off the ground but not too high) so he can easily access them anytime he's hungry. So far it seems to be working well, he eats throughout the day.
FYI They will back off larger sized feeders when they are too small for them. Just because they attempt a few and leave the rest does not mean they are full. Your looks like it should be getting 1/4 inch sized feeders.

FYI They will back off larger sized feeders when they are too small for them. Just because they attempt a few and leave the rest does not mean they are full. Your looks like it should be getting 1/4 inch sized feeders.
Ok, I will get a smaller size next time

If you put all the crickets in the container in his cage, how does the calcium dusting stay on them? Do you feed the insects while they are in there?
The dust sticks to the crickets and there is no need to feed them in there because I replace them every day or when he finishes them.

Back
Top Bottom