Upcoming sales and "re-homing"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jandie

As part of the military lifestyle, as much as we had hoped for an international assignment, we did not honestly expect one to occur this early in his career, considering there are limited billets available and many more people that outrank and all of that.....BUUUUUT.......

amazingly, we just got his next set of orders and....WE GOT NAPLES!!!! :D:D:D

turns out, of course, right after we get everything set up "perfectly" as we wanted for all of the chams, we are now going to be going to Italy for 3+ yrs. we've looked into the options, the leniency of the military and the "pets" situation pretty thoroughly, and as much as it pains us to now have to find new homes for our babies, it is simply not feasible nor really possible to take them with us..... (not to mention, we are still anxiously awaiting egg hatching and baby raising within the next few months!)

anyone interested can view ALL of our "kids" in my previous thread "the gang's all here"...and i will be posting individual threads for each cham over the next few weeks.... i am starting with this forum first, as i truly believe they will be finding "better" homes through this forum vs. other general reptile forums.....

please feel free to pm me or email me if you have any questions or are interested in helping us in this venture....

thanks to all for looking/considering and all of the support we've received in the time we've been involved in this forum!!! we look forward to returning to the "hobby" and cham world when we get back stateside on a more permanent basis!!! :D

Definitely keep us posted! I personally would be interested in the ambanja girl, but all of them are great looking!

Definitely keep us posted! I personally would be interested in the ambanja girl, but all of them are great looking!
just sent a pm. we are definitely sad about parting with them....we've become so attached!!! my friends call me the "cham lady" cause we have a rocker in their room!!!! lol

after thought....

just to kinda pre-answer some of the questions we may get about the chams overall:

all of our "kids" are in individual cages, set up with a mistking system that runs 3x/day for 5mins each cycle and they most often have drippers going as well;

we use a variety of feeders, primarily crickets, and most of our crickets are gutloaded with oranges, grapes, honeydew and melon, with the occasional collard greens and carrots

we have a regular supplementing schedule of calcium without D3 3-4x/wk with an additional mineral and D3 supplement 1x/mo

we integrate a lot of worms for variety, and have used dubias in the past; however, the primary feeders we use are silkworms, hornworms (for additional hydration) and butterworms.... we occasionally use meals/supers and waxworms, but not more than 1-2x/mo

we will be putting into storage the custom cabinets that we actually JUST finished getting built in april....as well as "most" of our supplies because we fully intend to get back into the hobby when we return on a more permanent basis and hopefully, we'll be sharing good news about newborns and all of that in the next couple months as well (we have approx 100 eggs from different clutches incubating currently!) =)

hopefully that will help with some questions that may come up as we go through this process :D

didn't realize we had a limit to one posting per week in the classifieds, so this may be a bit more "spread out" than originally intended regarding the individual posts....but if you're interested in one of them in particular, i can pm or email more info in between classified postings. :)

Last edited:
Hey Jandie! Congrats! I sent you a pm. ;P Naples is so awesome because it's right in the middle of everything. Rome is really close. You can go to Israel and Egypt really easily, although maybe not Egypt till it cools down a bit. You guys are going to have a blast!

Hey Jandie! Congrats! I sent you a pm. ;P Naples is so awesome because it's right in the middle of everything. Rome is really close. You can go to Israel and Egypt really easily, although maybe not Egypt till it cools down a bit. You guys are going to have a blast!
thanks! we are definitely looking forward to it, just so much to do and it seems like it will be here so fast!!! i'll check and reply! :)

Here's a link to that thread: https://www.chameleonforums.com/gangs-all-here-pic-heavy-52673/

Jandie, I'm so sorry you have to leave!
i think this is the worst part of it!!!

when he first started with OCS (officer candidate school), we decided we wanted an overseas tour if we could get it, especially to italy...and we tried for his first slate, but we were outranked... so we decided to try for it again, kinda expecting the same thing....but amazingly, we got it! we're SOOOOO excited about that part of it, but THIS part of it sucks!!!

thanks for adding the link...i'm not great with all of that aspect of the forum yet!!! i wish we could take them all with us!!!

That's fantastic! You'll love Italy, it's an awesome place. It'll be hell during the summers when the waves of tourists come in, but it's a great country. It's too bad that you can't take at least one cham with you but hopefully you'll find them all great homes.

so dose this mean that you are selling your mist king setup if so how much for it i am in need of one but kinda low on cash

congrats

I am sooo jealous I was in Italy a few years ago for 3 weeks. I don't think I would come back if I could be there as long as you are. People are much more friendly there than here, especially if you make an honest attempt to speak the language, then they love you. Best of luck to you there!!

You are gonna loveeeeeee it :p Good luck to you both. Military life can be a pain at times, but others can be loads of kick a## fun. I am still trying to get over to Germany for a few years:) Your kids look awesome:) O try not to wear the American holey jeans (just in case you are into wearing them) they will either think you are poor or your defiantly American.

so dose this mean that you are selling your mist king setup if so how much for it i am in need of one but kinda low on cash
that is actually one of the few things we're planning on keeping and putting into storage along with the cabinets we just had made.... we haven't fully decided on the setups, what we're going to keep/store....

thanks for all the well wishes! we're definitely excited!! :)

Italy, you lucky lucky people ;) i've just been posted to sunny Germany.
The only hot and sunny place were likely to be going whilst being here will be afghan! (good luck with the move) :)

Congratulations on your overseas assignment-how exciting and nerve wracking too! I'm an Army brat and an Air Force wife-my husband retired a few years ago for his second career. We were stationed in the Netherlands for 3 years. It was great being able to travel all over since it was relatively central and the air fares were reasonable. We've moved so many times I lost count.
As for your chameleons, I'm pm'ing you now. Best wishes!

Awesome assignment! If I were you I'd be making plans to visit Hamm (reptile expo) every yr I was over there. You could pick up some species of chams over there you'd never have an oppurtunity to work with over here. Im jealous......

pic heavy - can't post more in classifieds, sooooo....

gonna do a quick post of our kids and asking prices...some people have already received pm's, but thot this would be the best way to post all of them; males first in this post and another reply with females....

First up - Loki Acai (Ankaramy) asking $375+shipping
According to previous owner, "proven" breeder and approx 2 yrs old
(We have eggs incubating - Loki and Azlynn)

PC110403.jpg

Loki.jpg

Second - Raynor, asking $425+shipping (am in the process of possible sale with him, just awaiting confirmation and hold payment)

P2200768.jpg

Raynor2.jpg

his sire:
Vinanina-manohina-3_small.jpg

And finally, Stryder (our first boy)
PB100128.jpg

and right after mating: lol
PB190255.jpg

(we also have eggs incubating between Stryder and Ceri)

Now the girls:
(Some already know the medical/hlth issues with 2 of our girls...if you don't yet, please ask)

First up:

Ceri**, veiled, approx 16 mos old, Asking $50+shipping
(one of the ones with med. concerns)

PJ colors:
Ceri.jpg

and after mating:
Ceriscolors.jpg

**eggs incubating, Ceri and Stryder

Second girl with med concerns
Azlynn, Ankaramy, approx 1 yr 2 mos. old, Asking only shipping and good home

P2200774.jpg

P2200750.jpg

Our female Ambanja girl, Lealia (also has eggs incubating with Gargamel), approx 13 mos old, Asking $200+shipping
Lealiasfirstpic.jpg

P2200736.jpg

And our 2 Ambilobe girls:

Astrid (from Amazing Blue...last pic is sire), approx 1 yr old, asking $275+shipping
(she has a LOT of purple coloring to her, part of why we chose her!)
PC020315.jpg

Astrid.jpg

Sire:
IMG_0481.jpg

And our last girl, Kataura, from Lance/Lancecham, asking $275+shipping (last two pics are sire and dam's sire)
PC020311.jpg

P2200757.jpg

Sire:
FlashjrAstridsire.jpg

Dam's sire:
IMG_0492.jpg

you must have sold your Ambanja!? I knew he would go fast! Oh well, I am sure he will go to a good home! Good luck on your move to Italy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom