Unusual mark on the side of male panther

Drumtam555

Hey guys, really worried about a mark on the side of my male ambilobe/nosy be panther. He's had it for a week or two now and I thought nothing of it. I've got to the point where I have a feeling it could be something worth diagnosing. Something tells me it's a burn mark, but thought I'd ask the forums!

Cheers guys!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 168
A vet visit will be in order. Could be a variety of things from a bite from a feeder to a fungus and more. Check out my blog link below. My chameleon has something like this we've been battling, diagnosed as skin cancer. :(

My Cham is currently slowly healing from having the growths removed.

Good luck!

My first thought when looking at the picture is a burn. Has it changed in size or color during the last two weeks? If you can take him to see a vet I would recommend it as you wouldn't want any infection to set in if it is a burn. It should heal in time and become less noticeable after some sheds but I would still ask a vet for their opinion and possible treatments.

Also, make sure you figure out how and why he could have been burnt. I would recommend moving your light further away from the cage if you haven't yet.

Cheers for the replies! I will definitely take him to the vets! I believe it has increased, but has not changed colour. I will also change the lighting positioning just in case!

Back
Top Bottom