unusual color

my baby is approx 3-4 months old.. for the last few days he has seemed to keep his brown color.. not really going back to being his usual bright green

he is currently in a 10gal (he is very small, seemed unsure of his cage even after a week (the place i got him from kept him in a very small aquarium type cage) seemed to not move around in his screen cage which is approx 24in tallx 16in widex 12 in deep)

he was getting along great for the last two weeks but like i said now he is keeping his brown coloring. i saw white coloring around one nostril, but it came right off when i touched so i thought maybe he was starting to shed... any ideas?

cage temp is about 80, basking is between 85-90...

I'm no expert but, I'll do my best.Is he's in a 10 Gallon Glass ?? It may not be
well ventilated enough ,Also ,the temp sounds a bit high for a young Cham.
Does he have a way to ecape the heat ?Are you Misting on the regular ? What
and how often does it eat? Is there ample Plant Life and things to climb on
or hide in.Cham are known not to like Glass or anything that may show
reflection. There is ample amount of info on this site, Just use the search
and you can find almost every answer.

Dk is probably right. Chams dont like glass they can possibly see there reflection, since they like to be alone he might be stressed because of the reflections. Also ventilation i was using a glass tank until i researched the idea of using it, i quicly switched to an all screen cage. She is doing just fine. your cham might be stressed if ur handling it to much or at all. A good thing to do is start to teach your cham to hand feed. that will help you and your cham to bond together (earn trust with him). try holding a small meal worm on palm of your hand and letting worm crawl it might take a few days for him to finally win the prize. Im not sure what temps should be, but if dk says there high he is prolly right. i hope this info helps. any rep would help thanx and i hope u and ur cham get along great.

Unusual color....

Can we get an update on your baby? How is it doing? Glass caging is fine for hatchlings and very small babies. It keeps the humidity in better. Unfortunately, it keeps the heat in better too so you really have to watch your temperatures. Once they get to a certain size they are ready for screen caging. Is the baby eating or drinking? Can we get a picture? What type of cham are we talking about? Veileds will get normal salt deposits around their nostrils. Babies will be very uncomfortable just prior to their first shed, if this is the issue. Their skin gets very tight and must feel very uncomfortable when moving. They may eat and move less the day or so before shedding. A picture would really help :)

Back
Top Bottom