Unexpected new owner, please be kind haha

I'm so sorry he didn't make it. ? You got great advice here and did everything you could to help him recover. He did have some good final days with you, which matters.

Are you considering getting another chameleon, after you have time to grieve and process? Just want to encourage you to keep trying if you want - you're definitely not a failure.

So very sorry for your loss.... I would take heart in knowing you gave him a few wonderful months with correct care. He could have had a parasite load or internal issues due to prior improper husbandry. So don't feel like a failure. I think you did a great job. Keep your head up you gave him a lot of love and peace while he was with you. ❤

I have a very unfortunate end to what I'd hoped to be a great rescue story. I'd noticed Caerus sleeping during the day yesterday and he hadn't eaten in 3 days (he usually only ate every other day anyway), so I had made an appointment for the vet today. I didn't make it and he passed away last night. I tried so hard to save this poor baby over the last 2 months. I know he wouldn't have lasted this long in his previous home, but I feel like the biggest failure right now. ?
The failure was not yours, it was the a$$hat's you got him from that neglected him. You should be proud of everything you did to improve his lot in life, and those 2 months were the best in his life without a doubt. <3

Sorry he didn't pull though, he seemed to have turned the corner and was on his way to a full recovery.

I hope this doesn't discourage you from getting another one from one of our site sponsor breeders.

I'm so sorry for your loss. You did a fantastic job caring for him and giving him the best quality of life during his final days. You are a blessing in his life and you should never feel like a failure for being a blessing. Everything happens for a reason and purpose. He lived longer than he probably should have and that is a reason and purpose that should be awarded and celebrated. I hope you realize how much of a difference you made. ??

You gave him the best life possible; I don't think anybody could've saved him. It is very hard to start with an extremely sick cham and you did it very well. Since your husbandry is good you could get another one healthy which would be much more easier. You did amazing and certainly made a difference in his final months.

Sorry for your loss. It was really good of you to rescue him and try to give him a better life.

I have a very unfortunate end to what I'd hoped to be a great rescue story. I'd noticed Caerus sleeping during the day yesterday and he hadn't eaten in 3 days (he usually only ate every other day anyway), so I had made an appointment for the vet today. I didn't make it and he passed away last night. I tried so hard to save this poor baby over the last 2 months. I know he wouldn't have lasted this long in his previous home, but I feel like the biggest failure right now. ?

My condolences, you're not a failure you're a saint! the first baby from my girl that hatches is yours if you've not yet got another for the beautiful chameleon home you made for the last. You did great! Thank you for making his last days comfortable

Sad that he passed, but you gave him some good times before it hppened. He was likely already beyond a true rescue when you got him sadly....maybe even very old. Keep him in your heart.

Back
Top Bottom