Unexpected new owner, please be kind haha

I'll definitely keep you guys updated! I'm so excited to see him fill out and show his happy colors, so I already know I'll be taking a million pictures. So far, I've only seen him bright once and he was sleeping. It's a terrible photo, but I didn't want to wake him.
@Beman, I actually have that site up in another tab and have already started reading through it. ?

Attachments

• 20200624_212203.jpg
    20200624_212203.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 171
I'll definitely keep you guys updated! I'm so excited to see him fill out and show his happy colors, so I already know I'll be taking a million pictures. So far, I've only seen him bright once and he was sleeping. It's a terrible photo, but I didn't want to wake him.
@Beman, I actually have that site up in another tab and have already started reading through it. ?
That’s his pjs !.

Just ordered 2 types of Pothos, an Umbrella Tree, a Dracaena Janet Craig, a 12ft moss vine to add to the 6ft one he currently has, a new misting bottle, and Phoenix worms from Josh's Frogs. Also waiting on his chameleon sampler from Rainbow Mealworms. ????
Also, snapped some more shots of the sleepy boy last night.

Attachments

• 20200624_223127.jpg
    20200624_223127.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 20200624_222951.jpg
    20200624_222951.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 114
Just ordered 2 types of Pothos, an Umbrella Tree, a Dracaena Janet Craig, a 12ft moss vine to add to the 6ft one he currently has, a new misting bottle, and Phoenix worms from Josh's Frogs. Also waiting on his chameleon sampler from Rainbow Mealworms. ????
Also, snapped some more shots of the sleepy boy last night.
just watch to make sure he does not start actively eating the moss vine... make sure that you put 1 inch rock on top of the soil in the pots so he does not try to eat the dirt. With him being malnourished he will definitely try. I get mine in bags at the dollar store. they sell it in bags at the craft store too.

Update on Caerus! He is still a cranky boy, but he's gaining weight. We've settled in nicely to an every other day feeding of his favorite treats. He loves dubias, horn worms, and phoenix worms. Feeders are offered daily, but he generally only eats every other day. He's adjusted to the mister and no longer tries to attack it. He's also enjoying his all live plant enclosure. He's finishing up a shed. Still not a fan of being handled, so we don't push him. Still primarily brown, unless he's sleeping.
20200719_190111.jpg
20200710_214809.jpg
20200630_070442.jpg

During the summer I keep mine in outdoor enclosures. You will see their true colors when the sun hits them just watch for venting and be sure they have shade available to escape the heat and pleanty of calcium/vitamins with all the UV they will get. I like your set up it's very aesthetically pleasing! Well done.

I have nothing to add that already hasn't been said. I wish the best for this little guy. You clearly care about him and want to do what's right. I'm sure we're all glad for him to be with someone that wants to give him the best life possible. He's already in a muuuuuuch better environment. We all thank you!

You're doing great! Can't wait to see the progress of his recovery :)

Update on Caerus! He is still a cranky boy, but he's gaining weight. We've settled in nicely to an every other day feeding of his favorite treats. He loves dubias, horn worms, and phoenix worms. Feeders are offered daily, but he generally only eats every other day. He's adjusted to the mister and no longer tries to attack it. He's also enjoying his all live plant enclosure. He's finishing up a shed. Still not a fan of being handled, so we don't push him. Still primarily brown, unless he's sleeping.View attachment 272595View attachment 272596View attachment 272597
way to go! such big difference from the beginning of this thread :D im still a newbie in the cham world but this was amazing read through!
Saved this cham, so props to you!

During the summer I keep mine in outdoor enclosures. You will see their true colors when the sun hits them just watch for venting and be sure they have shade available to escape the heat and pleanty of calcium/vitamins with all the UV they will get. I like your set up it's very aesthetically pleasing! Well done.
Thank you! I worked hard on it haha
Unfortunately I don't live in an area that would be good for him outdoors, currently. However, we're in the process of building a tiny home in a more tropical environment and he will have an outdoor enclosure there. We should be moving in February. ?

I have a very unfortunate end to what I'd hoped to be a great rescue story. I'd noticed Caerus sleeping during the day yesterday and he hadn't eaten in 3 days (he usually only ate every other day anyway), so I had made an appointment for the vet today. I didn't make it and he passed away last night. I tried so hard to save this poor baby over the last 2 months. I know he wouldn't have lasted this long in his previous home, but I feel like the biggest failure right now. ?

Back
Top Bottom