Undigested BSFL, STILL ALIVE

Matthew43s

Established Member
I fed Kp 3 larva last night as a treat, today I check and I noticed there was a dropping hanging from the thermometer. Turns out that 2 out of the 3 undigested larva were dead and clearly just passed through, BUT ONE WAS STILL ALIVE! It was connected in the urate of the dropping.

Couple of things, why were they not digested and how in the hell did one make it through alive? That can’t be good.

85115A4A-315B-4133-8435-D0A90F4B5531.jpeg
0606A530-156F-4819-9EB8-2479E4712301.jpeg
5B3AC5A1-A6E6-4132-AEB5-7F7B152D5142.jpeg

That actually makes a lot of sense, I fed him about 50 minutes before lights out cause I was taking him in and out prepping him for his voyage so I fed him a treat.

He’s also not eating, hasn’t touched any of his food but I’m gonna assume he’s just stressed out from all the change

That actually makes a lot of sense, I fed him about 50 minutes before lights out cause I was taking him in and out prepping him for his voyage so I fed him a treat.

He’s also not eating, hasn’t touched any of his food but I’m gonna assume he’s just stressed out from all the change
Keep us posted. (y)

So get this, I decided since I’m leaving out early in the morning that I wanted to go ahead and break down all of KP’s stuff that I needed to move (and holy crap is it a lot of stuff) so I decided to put him in his “voyage home” the container I made for him for his trip, so that he would already be aclamated to his new little enclosure for the drive. So I set him inside misted him and put his light on him. I figured KP hasn’t been eating very much, so i’d Try to put his feeding cup in there as well. Get this, within 5 minutes 5 supers were gone. And he’s just the lightest color of green. Seems to me that he likes his Tupperware home more then his 2x4o_O:LOL:

Good to hear, but one thing with Cham keeping. Light colors don't mean happy, they often mean stress of some sort.

Good to hear, but one thing with Cham keeping. Light colors don't mean happy, they often mean stress of some sort.

Thought light colors meant relaxed and darker colors were stressed?

The more relaxed the Cham is the lighter shade of green, It’s like whenever they go to sleep they turn a very bright neon green because they are very relaxed, that was my understanding after doing a lot of reading.

Thought light colors meant relaxed and darker colors were stressed?

The more relaxed the Cham is the lighter shade of green, It’s like whenever they go to sleep they turn a very bright neon green because they are very relaxed, that was my understanding after doing a lot of reading.
That may be true for panther but I don't think so for veiled chams

Light colors for Panthers= stress or stimulation(which are really both the same thing, some good, some bad). There are ways to tell, but it mostly comes with experience and knowing/reading body language

Chameleons turn dark and light for a lot of reasons, there's no way for us to tell if he's happy. Based on what's going on here I'd say he's upset. That said, you're moving him? That's expected. Not trying to worry you, just throwing some info out there.

Well that’s a given, we can’t talk with our Chams so we base our ideas of their own emotions off of body language and colors. Multiple studies show that NORMALLY a veiled chameleon will produce a lighter shade of color whenever they feel at ease. I’m sure there is stress, that’s obvious due to the situation. But, not enough stress to be extremely worried about, as it would be if his colors were more on the dark side. If he was pitch black or dark brown he would not be making this trip. But he is a very light shade of green and seems to enjoy his little habitat. We’re 3 hours into the drive and he’s just fine, curled up in his scheffelera. But I appreciate that input! Doing the best I can with what i’ve Got.

Good to here, I'm sure he will be fine don't worry about it to much. He may not be thrilled about moving but he should b fine

Last edited:
@mathew5526 You're right a chameleon shouldn't be dark brown or black outside of basking, I just wanted to put it out there that light colors do not always mean at ease. Many times the opposite if they're bright and dramatic. I don't think there's anything wrong with your situation, just pointing out that he's probably not thrilled to be traveling. Which is a normal thing that has to be done here. There's just a misconception on this forum and in the Cham world that bright colors always mean happy. So many people harass their chams, getting them all flared up while thinking the animal is enjoying it. Not saying this is you though.

@mathew5526 You're right a chameleon shouldn't be dark brown or black outside of basking, I just wanted to put it out there that light colors do not always mean at ease. Many times the opposite if they're bright and dramatic. I don't think there's anything wrong with your situation, just pointing out that he's probably not thrilled to be traveling. Which is a normal thing that has to be done here. There's just a misconception on this forum and in the Cham world that bright colors always mean happy. So many people harass their chams, getting them all flared up while thinking the animal is enjoying it. Not saying this is you though.
I hate those YouTube videos...

Back
Top Bottom