Underweight

Haily

I have what I believe to be a Male and female veiled chameleons, I recently got them from someone who didnt have the time nor experience to keep them. They are both fairly skinny and I'm trying to find healthy ways to help them out on weight so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The picture is the female, my Male is still really aggressive so it's hard to get pictures of him not puffed up.
Snapchat-1352255690.jpg

Ok hey your chameleon is DehydrationFirst of all.Meaning your chameleon will get fat if you feed them too often. Chameleons love meal worms and super worms and that´s why most people like to feed them, because their chameleon goes crazy over them. If your chameleon is malnourished or sick and needs to gain some weight quickly, meal worms can help.

Thank you, I've started those already and havent seen much improvement but I will keep up with that. I'm also getting them into a new enclosure very soon because the one they came in has a ply wood back and the rest is all screen so it's hard to keep a nice temperature or humidity in it.

The cham in the picture looks male. He also looks very dehydrated and very sick. He needs to see a vet
I'm working on getting them both to the vet, I only got them about a week ago and they're already doing better than before but as soon as I'm able to get them into a vet I'm going to. The old drip system they came with wasnt working and the previous owners didnt know, they now have a working one and have been using it

You're not keeping them in the same cage are you?
They came in a cage together but I have it divided and the new cage I am getting is also divided. The previous owners told me they have been in the same cage since they were babies but I still didnt think that was a good idea

The stress of them being in the same cage (without it being divided) could be part of the reason for this chameleons condition. It's best if they don't see each over.

Ok hey your chameleon is DehydrationFirst of all.Meaning your chameleon will get fat if you feed them too often. Chameleons love meal worms and super worms and that´s why most people like to feed them, because their chameleon goes crazy over them. If your chameleon is malnourished or sick and needs to gain some weight quickly, meal worms can help.
You shouldn’t ever feed mealworms...

Back
Top Bottom