umbrella plant

jah

anyone have problems with an umbrella plant? This is my second one, and it seems like its dieing again, my previous one wilted alot, and lost all its size and leaves. Do they need certain care that i'm maybe not providing?

Yeah, they aren't as hardy as some plants(Pothos, Schefflera arboricola), I usually ahve three or four out of rotation that I can bring outside and when I clean their cages I usually rotate them out. If you are having this issue a lot try a Schefflera arboricola instead of a Schefflera actinophylla. I find these last longer. Also I guess how long are they lasting until the die?

Also if you have a veiled or another species that likes to eat plants, umbrellas are toxic. So you might want to try something else anyway.

alright thanks, i had a ficus before that lasted for 7 months and is still going, i just got a bigger cage so needed a bigger plant, they usually are lasting me about a month. I really like the way they hold water, and the way they fill out the cage but not having any luck with them:(

Also if you have a veiled or another species that likes to eat plants, umbrellas are toxic. So you might want to try something else anyway.
really?! i didn't know they were toxic. I have a 8-9 month old ambilobe, should I try something else ?

Umbrellas can become wilted when they stay in wet soil to long, just make sure the pot has good drainage, with the amount of water introduced in a chameleons enclosure each day, a plant can become over watered pretty easily.

Back
Top Bottom