Ugh I am in love

Andee

Chameleon Enthusiast
It's a weird thing I am in love with too. I am in love with scorpions hard core. Their grumpy dispositions and general adorableness has sucked me in hard core. I have 30+ now though some are just newly off their mama's back so are living in the same enclosure. I just can't help how I feel for these little gems. I have started narrowing down my species for breeding. Jumpers and scorpions, eventually a couple tarantula species and some ablypgids. I already have millipedes, pill millipedes, and all the feeders. Now I am just catching up to pet inverts. I don't think I could be any happier with how my animals are doing <3 Just had to gush sorry <3

:eek::eek::eek: That’s a lot of little legs!!!!!

I have over 150 jumping spiders right now including the adults with the 3 sacs that just hatched. But it's just love for me. I look at their little curious faces and it melts my heart. The scorplings this time were a complete surprise and it was not something I was prepared for honestly but all babies from mama's back are fat and sassy. So I don't mind having more mouths to feed <3

Jumpers are awesome! I raised a clutch last year after my wc female laid a fertile sac. It was a ton of work but do rewarding and really helped my fear of spiders. I know have 2 adults and 8 tarantulas of varying sizes. I find them fascinating!

I actually dont find the jumper babies to be a lot of work. But i work from home? Maybe thats why. The scorpions worry me more.

I have over 150 jumping spiders right now including the adults with the 3 sacs that just hatched. But it's just love for me. I look at their little curious faces and it melts my heart. The scorplings this time were a complete surprise and it was not something I was prepared for honestly but all babies from mama's back are fat and sassy. So I don't mind having more mouths to feed <3
I just found what I believe is a female phidippus regius jumping spider. It is missing one leg...any chance it will grow back? Not sure how long I will be able to keep her once hubby finds out but for now I have her in a cricket keeper with paper towels on bottom...a few sticks, some leaves with aphids on them and a tiny hornworm, cricket, and 2 tiny silkies. Wasn't sure which one she would like to eat. I named her Olivia. Any suggestions on care?

It depends on if shes an adult or not on whether that leg will grow back. She would likely be more interested in a fly or cricket given shes wild. And make sure to mist around her lightly to offer water. I use silk/plastic plants for my spoods. Makes them feel safe. Do you have a pic of her?

It depends on if shes an adult or not on whether that leg will grow back. She would likely be more interested in a fly or cricket given shes wild. And make sure to mist around her lightly to offer water. I use silk/plastic plants for my spoods. Makes them feel safe. Do you have a pic of her?

My picure is not real clear...I will try to get a better one tomorrow.

Attachments

• 1013181314a.jpg
    1013181314a.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 108
What is a spood? I am new at this spider thing. I saw an animated spider called Lucas...Olivia reminds me of him.

Sorry spood, is a term for adorable spider. Lol and she should, Lucas is a jumping spider! She is a beautiful girl. She shouldn't have any issues hunting but she looks possibly gravid if she is an adult. She has a fat booty but in all honesty she looks like she may be a juvenile to me if she is a regius.

Sorry spood, is a term for adorable spider. Lol and she should, Lucas is a jumping spider! She is a beautiful girl. She shouldn't have any issues hunting but she looks possibly gravid if she is an adult. She has a fat booty but in all honesty she looks like she may be a juvenile to me if she is a regius.
Thank you...I looked her up on the internet and I found one that looked like her and it was a regius. I am assuming she is a girl only because the color of the one on google matched her as female and the male was more black. True? Any special care needed for her? I am going to add artificial greenery and possibly a small cardboard tube. Incase I get addicted...whick I usually do...where can you buy jumping spiders?

Also...will she feel more secure in the cricket keeper or something smaller?

Thank you...I looked her up on the internet and I found one that looked like her and it was a regius. I am assuming she is a girl only because the color of the one on google matched her as female and the male was more black. True? Any special care needed for her? I am going to add artificial greenery and possibly a small cardboard tube. Incase I get addicted...whick I usually do...where can you buy jumping spiders?
USually you buy jumping spiders online from breeders like me. There shouldn't be any more care needed. Their life span is extremely short just so you know. 1-3 years at most. She likely is a girl. And no special care I would think. Just don't leave dangerous feeders in with her like cricks overnight. She may not eat right away cause she is so big and may be preparing for a molt or something.

How large would you say she is right now?
Not great at pictures..my hands shake when I try to get detailed pictures and I woke up with vertigo this morning. Here is what I got next to a quarter.

Attachments

• 1014181220a.jpg
    1014181220a.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 1014181218.jpg
    1014181218.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 127
USually you buy jumping spiders online from breeders like me. There shouldn't be any more care needed. Their life span is extremely short just so you know. 1-3 years at most. She likely is a girl. And no special care I would think. Just don't leave dangerous feeders in with her like cricks overnight. She may not eat right away cause she is so big and may be preparing for a molt or something.
What kind of jumpers do you have? May be interested in the future if I can get hubby agreeable. He doesn't understand my strange creatures. I have Louie my veiled one of Amos and Fiona's babies from Jannb and a 9 month old Sulcata tortoise. A mini dachshund and a shorkie. Live in central FL so it is great climates for all.

Shes large so maybe not but she will be fine without it, if she ends up having an egg sac i would be interested in some babies. I have johnsoni, regius, otiosus, audax, and a zebra right now.

Back
Top Bottom