U.S. Customs

Chameleon Nation

Avid Member
As of yesterday the U.S.A will not allow any shipments of any kind into the U.S. from Canada. This means chameleons, your cat, dog ......anything. I had a shipment lined up to go down. They kept telling me we need this permit and that permit and then to be registered with Transport Canada. After that was all said and done they said I need to be registered with Air Canada as a "known shipper". So I get all of that and then go to ship........Today they tell me no shipments of any kinds are allowed into the U.S. at all from any airlines. I fricken hate U.S customs and homeland security. Cause you know I am trying to ship anthrax in my chameleons bellies.

that is strange, next canadians will be extradited and held on trial for selling americans Chameleons online :eek:

Hopefully things straighten out and shipping goes back to business as usual soon.

sorry u never know where the a-holes who hate america are gonna strike from next!! Just sux for the people who are normal an sane and just trying to carry on with there lives!!!

Only thing I hold against Canada is that hey shiped us the "Beiber fever",lol. Sucks though as I get sum of my racing stuff from up north:(

this is ridiculous!!! are we in canada able to recieve shipments of animals/reptiles from the U.S ???? by the way..i purchased a monsoon today and am about to set it up after i do some modifications to my 2 cham homes to allow for drainage and storage!! im sooo excited!! my largest veiled cham was so sick for 2 1/2 days and i thaught he would die,i kept a constant vigil at his side and bathed him in my sink often,he wouldnt eat,wouldnt poop and this morning he looked better!! he finally pooped and i discovered the culprit...a piece of perlite(white foam from a potted plant)i had missed..now he is voraciously hunting and stalking his crix!! i am soo happy im about to burst!! i just love "moe and joe" and would be so heart broken if either of them died...thank you God for saving my baby!!:D

that is strange concerning the international shipping but at least its not as bad if House Resolution 669 had passed in congress. If you dont know anything about it here is a link
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-669

the original version meant that it would be illegal to sell anything related to non-native species of animals that are not naturally found in the united states. that means, food, suppliments, accessories or even animals that are not native or natural to this country, chameleons for example. If you wanted to own a reptile it could only be something that is naturally found in the continental united states and hawaii. no snakes from borneo or asia, no panther chams from madagascar, no tropical fish from the asian pacific, no birds from any european countries. I believe that it has been re-written several times but not sure if any of those changes were to take effect before it was shot down in congress. But can you imagine the uproar what would have happened if the law was passed? who would rather keep an anole as opposed to a Nosy Be?? Or a breeding pair of Betta fish instead of a nice pink salmon. A garter snake instead of an Emerald tree boa. But at least we can all breathe easy since it didnt pass but what if it did....:eek:

if that is the case from now on, just to say, how far away are you from the u.s./canada border and possible driving over and shipping from the closest u.s. city or ups/fedex/dhl depot?

HOw would that change the law man. You have to declare anything you bring back. So it has to go thru customs and USFWS has to inspect.

Well I think the 'how would it change the law' is that Drew isn't allowed to internationally ship the animals, however he has all the paperwork to take them across the boarder to deliver them to his destination?

Yes I'm 99% sure this would also be illegal, but you never know lol.

Well I think the 'how would it change the law' is that Drew isn't allowed to internationally ship the animals, however he has all the paperwork to take them across the boarder to deliver them to his destination?

Yes I'm 99% sure this would also be illegal, but you never know lol.

It goes through customs regardless. How efficient is border crossing to ship anyways? That sounds ridiculous unless it had to be done. Definitely no way to operate a business.

ridiculous.

It is crazy, how they deal with stuff that ships across the border from Canada to the states, yet the majority of the stuff americans use every day comes from way scarier places than fricken Ontario. Don't stop shipping bananas just cause of a couple dozen giant poisonous spiders that crawl out of the middle of the crate. lol. Are they stopping imports from ALL places, or just us? No captive bred babies from diseased old Canada (a five minute drive, sometimes, btw) but what about the wild caught ones, straight from the parasite-covered tree??

It goes through customs regardless. How efficient is border crossing to ship anyways? That sounds ridiculous unless it had to be done. Definitely no way to operate a business.

Customs isn't the issue, it's shipping animals internationally.
At least that's how I took it.

that sucks, im glad i got one when ya could get them in here..keep us posted as to what happens cause id like to get somemore chams from you drew..

but why the ban all of a sudden? was there at least some sort of "warning" say a few weeks or months ahead of time, letting you know that this was going to happen? any reason given for what or why the reason??

that sucks, im glad i got one when ya could get them in here..keep us posted as to what happens cause id like to get somemore chams from you drew..

And I want to get some stuff from you guys down in Cali/Florida :D

Back
Top Bottom