Twitching

wsbishop91

I picked up a female jackson today and put her in her enclouser right beside my males, Now hes acting weird trying to get to her threw the glass and doing this twitch thing ive never see him do. Is normal or bad behavior he doesnt seem stressed and shes not really paying much attention to him. Any advice would be great

pretty sure he might be wanting to mate with her if he can see her..... first time one of our males started the "head bobbing", it was not what i had pictured in my head....he looked like he was having a seizure or something...lol...

pretty sure he might be wanting to mate with her if he can see her..... first time one of our males started the "head bobbing", it was not what i had pictured in my head....he looked like he was having a seizure or something...lol...

Thats exactly what i thought was happening lol, I just got her today do you think i should give her a few days before introducing them, Also i read online to put the female in the male enclosuer but hers is bigger so would it hurt to put him in hers.

it's hard to answer that without info about her and age and if she's receptive and all of that....and you can do it either way as far as male in with female or vice versa, it just tends to reduce the possibility of aggression from him if it's not in his territory....

I've never bred, and am a relatively new keeper, but I would think your best bet is to block the view (and plan to keep it permanently blocked) and let her settle in to her new home first. Once she's relaxed and comfortable in her surroundings, and you know she's eating & drinking & strong, plus you'll know her better and can gauge her reactions better, and then you start thinking about the added stress of mating and whatnot.
Just my opinion though.

Back
Top Bottom