Trouble finding Pothos in the U.K

tryme

Ok so I go to two different garden centres (two different wyevale garden centres)...one said they dont know what pothos is and i could find it the other said ''if it aint over there we aint got it'' so i went and looked and they had things like 'hanging basket monthly mix' which means sod all to me. I can't seem to find pothos any where. Anyone else in the U.K have this problem? I even wrote down the scientific name and all common names such as devils ivy, golden pothos etc but still no luck.

usualy b&q have em too mate...sometimes on big hessian uprights, which are good for climbin (like a chameleon stratching post) :D

hi, i've enver had any trouble finding pothos, got mine from morrisons, seen them in b&q, homebase, wilkinsons, and wyvale! and many other garden centres, what part of the uk are you from? im in essex, good luck

That's strange that they aren't readily available, they're such a common plant. Do you have any small, independent greenhouses or nurseries in your area? You might try them or a flower shop may have them also.
Or you could just do what I did, take a snipping from a plant you see growing in a mall or something;)
They're so hardy, all you have to do is stick the clipping about 5cm in the dirt, water it and it'll grow!

Sometimes the nurseries refer to them as Scindapsus, rather than Epipremnum or Pothos. That might jog their memory...

Well i'll write down all the names which are known for them and go to b&q, homebase etc. Thanks for the help. Anybody got some pics they could post up of there pothos plants?

here ya go:
111551643_2371f6e57f.jpg

be careful, don't confuse golden photos with philodendron, they looked awfully similar.

I might be able to ill give it a go. Id rather get the plant straight though would be quick and easy im rubbish with plants lol.

those scyndapsus and the other name Tygerr told you are ALL Golden pothos.
Just mentioned that to your local nursery.

You want to avoid heart leaved philodendron.

oh ok. Very confusing. They all share some of the same common names. I will have to make sure it is the correct one then. If I get hold of it ill post up the pics to make double sure.

Its strange you say about the leaves because some of the pics ive seen have heart shaped leaves, even the ones on the resources section.

Back
Top Bottom