Tropic Escape Hibiscus

StonewallJackson

I know some hibiscus are safe for chams but am not sure about this specific one.
It is called tropic escape hibiscus
022532919520lg.jpg

feedback would be greatly appreciated
I want to get my guy some live plants to hang out in. :cool:

This plant is simply a selected variety of Hisbiscus. I am not sure if this is a hybrid or just a selected cultivar. I do know that Costa Farms is developing a number of different patented varieties of Hibiscus. They should all essentially be true Hibiscus, thus, non-toxic.

Although, be aware of a couple things.

Hibiscus are relatively susceptible to pests. Because of this, growers and greenhouses spray them quite regularly. In other words, I would at least remove the top couple inches of soil and replace. Also, follow up with a long lukewarm foliar cleaning in the shower.

Furthermore, unless you are using mercury vapors or putting in screen cages with some direct natural sun exposure, don't expect very much blooming.

We have our large specimen trees in full sun at our greenhouse. We have to spray them several times a month to keep the aphids and white fly off of them! Terrible.. I hate using chemicals, but it's an unfortunate necessary side of the horticultural industry. :(

Back
Top Bottom