Triton Is 7 1/2 Years Old!!

JaxyGirl

Avid Member
Hi everybody,

Now that it is the New Year, I got to thinking about the Cham Forums and realized I haven't been here in a while and that I missed it!

I figured it would be fun to give a little update about my lovable old man Triton.

Triton my Male Jacksons Cham is now 7 1/2 years old and still doing great!
He's like an old man.... a little rickety and isn't as spry as he used to be LOL!!
But, he's pretty animated, gets around great and still eating like a piglet. When Triton is hungry you know it! He makes a point about getting your attention! He gets pretty excited about his food and definitely knows where his food comes from. I think in his little cham mind people are walking food bags. He pretty much eats anything and everything! Probably would be a little unorthodox and would raise some eyebrows but he's still here after all these years :)

Triton lives with his companion Olive who is a little female that is about two years old. I was hoping that they would breed and I would have little Triton's but unfortunately I think he's a little over the hill and just not interested if you know what I mean ;)

Both Triton and Olive Free Range in my Kitchen together and have been very happy there for the past few years. Triton has been free Ranging for the past 7 years of his life and Olive for two. I honestly think that is one of the reason's why they have been so healthy along with a good varied diet.

I'm posting some pictures of my baby boy Triton and his friend Olive. Hope you enjoy.

This is my handsome boy Triton

This is Olive

This is where they live

Hi Jaxygirl! It has been a long time! I just figured your chameleon had passed and you never got another and that is why you have not been around. So good to see Triton is still with us and dong well!. That is quite old in chameleon years! Hope to see you on the forums more often now!!!

That is great to hear that Triton has lived to such a ripe old age! Now I miss my Jacksons. In your free range setup where is the UV bulb? Is it out of the picture perhaps? Just wondering, because I would love to have a free-range at some point.

I water them with a small spray bottle. I use the stream setting. They drink right out of the nozzle until they are satisfied

This is SO GREAT!! Fantastic that you've avoided common problems with jax such as temporal gland infections and nutritional imbalances. I love your simple but carefully designed free range.

One of several reasons I really prefer teaching my chams to take water directly from my hand is that I can be sure they are getting a thorough drink every time and that they are comfortable enough with me to do so this way. I've even been able to sneak in a med this way.

They are very lucky chams!

Wow, Triton is magnificent! I have never seen one that age! Sr. Triton. :)
LOVE your free range set up, and that oscar. Do you ever catch the chameleons watching the fish swim around?

Congratulations! Wow, 7,5 years???? This is wonderful! I wish a lot more healthy and happy years for both of them!
:D

I love hearing this! I always say chameleon success is not measured in days, weeks or months but in years. You have truly done a great job with him.

Welcome back Natalie! It's so nice to see that Triton is still doing well. Little Olive is a doll! You have done a fantastic job with your guys, keeping them healthy and happy. :)

It has been a while since you were on last. We missed you, and Triton is a beautiful cham. Getting to 7 1/2 years is an excellent accomplishment. I have only had one cham reach that age. Your little Olive is sweet looking. I admire the pretty free range, wish I could do that. Stay around and post more pictures.:)

It has been a while since you were on last. We missed you, and Triton is a beautiful cham. Getting to 7 1/2 years is an excellent accomplishment. I have only had one cham reach that age. Your little Olive is sweet looking. I admire the pretty free range, wish I could do that. Stay around and post more pictures.:)

Hi Laurie,
It has been a while! Its so great to know you are still here also!!
Thank you for your nice compliments. It's great to be back :)

Welcome back Natalie! It's so nice to see that Triton is still doing well. Little Olive is a doll! You have done a fantastic job with your guys, keeping them healthy and happy. :)

Hi Jann!!! I'm so happy you are still here too! I can't wait to hear about your chams. Hope you have pics to share :)

That is great to hear that Triton has lived to such a ripe old age! Now I miss my Jacksons. In your free range setup where is the UV bulb? Is it out of the picture perhaps? Just wondering, because I would love to have a free-range at some point.

Hi, I have two basking areas. One for each cham. I have a UVB Exoterra 5.0 compact bulbs for each basking area. If you check out the pic of my free range. I have track lighting so I can aim the lights where I want them. The first basking area is on the left. It has two lights pointing at an angle onto a branch. One light is a UVB light and a the other is a heat light. The second basking area is on the right and has the same set up as the first. If you look closely you can see a cham under each basking area.

Back
Top Bottom