Trioceros wiedersheimi peretti hatchling

@Kent67: A very good friend of mine, Rik Van Tiggel(ZooMed Laboratories, Inc.) also incubate Tr.pefferi at 5 months but his temperature was higher then mine and he told me that his neonates were not so big as the mine and not so strong. But that was 20 years ago.
I prefer lower temperature and that means longer incubationperiod.
I have learned with different species that most of the time a lower incubationtemperature is better for the neonates because they are bigger and stronger.

Thank you for sharing this. Sorry if I missed it, but what temps did you incubate this clutch at? As much as I would like to see hatchlings here sooner than later, I don't mind waiting if it means bigger and healthier babies. Right now I'm keeping the temps around 21C/70F.

Tom, I still have pictures of the parents. When I come back from my weekend I will see if I can upload some for you! :eek:
Have some nice ones of the male showing of his bright blue casque!

Here's some pictures I found of the adults, will see if I got some more.

IMG_4156.jpg

IMG_4154.jpg

IMG_4148.jpg

IMG_4140.jpg

IMG_3885.jpg

IMG_3884.jpg

Thanks Esther I didn't find the time to post the pictures and a update.
My deadline of my article about Rhampholeon and Rieppeleon is getting very close so that is prior at this time.

@Kent, daytemp max 20°C - nightdrop 16°C. And I never use constant temperature, I prefer variable temperature during day en night.

Best regards,
Tom

Very low incubation temperatures.. thanks for this information!! and also for sharing those amazing pics!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Here we are with a update...
After searching after a good and stable setup, I found my way to raising them.
It cost me three neonates, but I have still 2.3 juveniles left.
Here are some pictures from the young ones, look at the dorsal crest and notice the difference between male and female:
mg2411800.jpg

mg2421800.jpg

mg2428800.jpg

mg2436800.jpg

mg2458800.jpg

mg2461800.jpg

img2404800.jpg

img2406800.jpg

Some pics of the adults:
img2545800.jpg

mg2532800.jpg

mg2534800.jpg

Best regards,
Tom

Tom great job with all your babies!! they are all so cute!!! :D
Can you explain us how do you raise you wiedersheimi babies? it'll be very interesting..

I see in both Eszzie and Tom adult males a throat's swelling.. is it normal? i had similar problems with my quadricornis, and it was lonked to the use of vitamin d3..

I see in both Eszzie and Tom adult males a throat's swelling.. is it normal? i had similar problems with my quadricornis, and it was lonked to the use of vitamin d3..

I don't know that it is always from vitamine D3, I think there must be another reason.
Almost all of mine animals(Trioceros) have that from time to time and I don't use vitamine supplements, only minerals(small portion of D3) and calcium.
When females of Trioceros pfefferi are gravid they have a big swollen throat, but when they lay eggs, the next day is this gone.
A couple of months ago a got some new FB animals and they had that also, they still have.
And if I look at shipments with Tr.johnstoni, Tr.fuelleborni, ... on it, they have it also and they are FB or WC.
Thats why I think there must be another reason.

Short update about the adults, they have been mating again!!!
So lett us pray :D that all go well and that the female becomes gravid again!

Best regards,
Tom

Here we are with a update from the little ones... are must I say sub-adults?
First my beautifull male:
mg3229x.jpg

mg3233e.jpg

mg3440.jpg

And then 2 of my 3 females, look at the colors. (This is always)
mg3238.jpg

mg3428.jpg

And here is my adult female after laying a nice new clutch from 7 eggs:
img3379zl.jpg

Best regards,
Tom

@Drewtt, at the moment when I show the male a female he shows already his adult colors. The cask is turning blue, the spots turning yellow/orange and so on.
They are really the Monet of the chameleons! ;)

Best regards,
Tom

Yes, those are subadults ;) Congrats !
@ some guys: This thread is one of the examples why the chameleon keeping in Europe is ahead the level in the US :p

Great work again, Tom! Love the updates!

Yes, those are subadults ;) Congrats !
@ some guys: This thread is one of the examples why the chameleon keeping in Europe is ahead the level in the US :p

Really? :confused: Are there that many people with baby T. peretti in Europe right now?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom