Trioceros wiedersheimi peretti hatchling

BelgiumLizard

Just a short week ago my first neonates from Tr.wiedersheimi peretti hatcht, the incubationperiod was 244 days.
img2140800.jpg

img2141800.jpg

img2142800.jpg

img2149800.jpg

img2181800.jpg

img2180800.jpg

Then a couple of days later the rest hatcht. I got 8 eggs and all 8 hatcht!
mg2157800.jpg

mg2168800.jpg

img2155800.jpg

img2156800.jpg

img2160800.jpg

img2161800.jpg

img2171800.jpg

img2172800.jpg

img2173800.jpg

More details and picture from parents will follow...

Best regards,
Tom

They look amazing. I love this species and wish we could get some CB/CH here in the US alot more often. They are so gorgeous as adults. Congrats.

Justin

Very nice!

Give us a shot of the rearing bin there- looks like you have made a nice screen cover for something...

Amazing!! How lucky you are - this is one of my favorites!! Congratulations!:D

(yes, I would like a shot of the bin as well...)

Congrats Tom,

i know someone here in germany who also is having eggs. may be someone to trade for you.

Reg.
Patrick

Very nice! Congrats! What do you think about the incubation length? I've only hatched this species once (have eggs incubating now, though), about 10 years ago, but I seem to recall them hatching in 5 months or less.

Thank you all!
They are just great to work with!
Some neonates are showing the real monet colors like there parents.

The first part of our Cameroen project is breeding the different species and we are on a good way...After the hatchling from Tr.pfefferi, Tr.wiedersheimi was it yesterday the turn for Tr.montium(topic will follow). Now we are waiting for the hatchling from quadricornis and cristatus. So we hope to post more updates in the future...

The second part starts now for Tr.pfefferi, Tr.wiedersheimi and Tr.montium, thats raising the neonates to adult. We have chosen to rear the neonates separately. For that reason we had to create good ventilated and not expensive terrariums/bins, also easy to clean and we had to make sure that we can observe the neonates from a distance. The masterbrain for these bins was Joery and after some brainstorming with our team we created these bins. We are writing a topic(offline) about these bins and how to create, so in the future we will post it on the forum of DOELGROEP KAMELEONS and ofcourse on CHAMELEON FORUMS.

@Kent67: A very good friend of mine, Rik Van Tiggel(ZooMed Laboratories, Inc.) also incubate Tr.pefferi at 5 months but his temperature was higher then mine and he told me that his neonates were not so big as the mine and not so strong. But that was 20 years ago.
I prefer lower temperature and that means longer incubationperiod.
I have learned with different species that most of the time a lower incubationtemperature is better for the neonates because they are bigger and stronger.

@Patrick, please send by mail or next time Hamm we have to get a drink at the bar and chat with each other. ;)

Best regards,
Tom

I'm very curious to see your nursery.. it will be very usefull!!
You've my same interest.. project cameroon is a great choice!! :D

Congratulations on the hatchlings! I love this species. Excellent photos too. I'm very happy for you and I mean that very much. These are not the easiest chameleons to work with. :)

Have you seen the wiedersheimi wiedersheimi lately where you are? I want to work with them again and have been watching out for them here in Los Angeles. I was better at breeding and raising them than the peretti.

@Elisa, thank you for your support!(mailings) :)
I love this species but you are right that they are not easy to work with, at the moment I a have only one male left from my adults and hope to get a new female in september.
At this time I cant get Trioceros wiedersheimi wiedersheimi, we are searching for them.
I have heard from some others the same story that Tr.wiedersheimi peretti are more difficult than Tr. wiedersheimi wiedersheimi.

Now I am off to my Chameleonroom to cleanout all the neonate bins and terrariums of the adults, give them food, spray them and mist them and ofcourse to observe them! So this will take some hours. ;)

Congratulations !!! Great job on a wonderful species and you have a great project going !!! I wish you all the best and much success.

Back
Top Bottom