Trioceros pfefferi hatchling

Thanks Ricardo!

This time I have choosen for a little bit higher temps because most of the people I talked to they say that my temps are to low.
And the result from higher incubation temps are now that I have 6 males. :(
I have a second clutch that I am incubating at higher temps and if this clutch hatch and it are all males I go back to my very cold temps because then I had a equal ratio between both sexes.

More research in the future will tell us more about it...

Well, at most reptiles the incubating temperature determines the rate of the sex of the hatchligs, seems like its true for chameleons too. Or at least for this species. Im very curious about the "experiment" you are in with this clutch! Keep us posted please! :D And good luck ofc!

Astonishing! They are so fragile and tiny looking, I don't know how you can handle them and not be freaked. The adults are gorgeous as well, thanks for sharing!:)

Thanks Kinyonga, I know the articles and I know that it was negative by Chamaeleo calyptratus.
But if I look at the lungs of a chameleon, their are six different types of lungs in the family Chamaeleonidae. Why not some difference in other parts?

Best regards,
Tom

Here we are also with a update from thes litlle creatures. Look at the amazing colors they already shown.
mg3243.jpg

mg3246.jpg

mg3248.jpg

mg3256.jpg

mg3347.jpg

mg3430.jpg

mg3438.jpg

Adult women:
mg3515.jpg

Adult male is shedding:
mg3260.jpg

Best regards,
Tom

Congratulations, 219 days:eek: that's along time. That has got to be one of the longest gestation periods of any reptile.

Hi Tom, thats fantastic news what great success youre having with this species can imagine how delighted you must be theyre so adorable! Better news with there being equal amounts of males to females this time did you carry on incubating this clutch at the higher temps?
All the best with them Heatherxxx

Thanks!
I think you mean incubation period and that is not so long if I look at Calumma parsonii and others.

Best regards,
Tom

Yeah I meant incubation, got my animals mixed up for a second. And I've notice that chameleon eggs cook for a long time. After my greens trees lay eggs its 49-50 days almost exactly. To hear 219 I was surprised so I start looking around and chameleon eggs seem to cook for awhile compared to the 40-50 days I wait for chondro eggs :)

Thanks everybody!

Today again two females hatched!
This time I used the same temps as the first clutch and that is colder than the second.
But it is to early to say something about the temps and sexdetermination.

Only three eggs to go... I keep you all updated!

Best regards,
Tom

Yeah I meant incubation, got my animals mixed up for a second. And I've notice that chameleon eggs cook for a long time. After my greens trees lay eggs its 49-50 days almost exactly. To hear 219 I was surprised so I start looking around and chameleon eggs seem to cook for awhile compared to the 40-50 days I wait for chondro eggs :)

Parsonii eggs take around 22 months to incubate or 660 days... Of course this can very.

Back
Top Bottom