Trioceros perreti (Southern Peacock Chameleons)

Ok, cool. I figured you'd probably want to keep most if not all of them. Your friends with eggs, were they bred in captivity? Im just wondering if anyones actually bred these guys and produced young? Or if everything we're seeing is ch from wc females.

Ok, cool. I figured you'd probably want to keep most if not all of them. Your friends with eggs, were they bred in captivity? Im just wondering if anyones actually bred these guys and produced young? Or if everything we're seeing is ch from wc females.

I would say the majority are CH from WC gravid females but they are bred occasionally. The problem has really been that acclimating T. perreti and T. serratus can be very difficult and its been difficult for most to establish breeding groups. I'm hoping that a group of CH babies will make that a better option.

Chris

Thought I'd post an update. All 9 babies are doing well, eating a ton, and growing. Here are a couple photos from earlier today:

6337563903_0f801f175f_o.jpg

6338316122_fc7243dc84_o.jpg

Chris

Those little ones are too cute! I can picture the one in the first pic saying (If he could speak) "I am a stick, I must be one with the stick". lol, a lot of chams sure do not seem to like cameras.

I'm glad to see you have some. If I remember correctly this was on your wanted list? Cute babies! You're going to share with me right?? ;):p

Thanks for sharing!

I can't believe how fast these babies are growing. I'm going to have to split them up into smaller groups this weekend already. Here's a pic of one from today:

6351511401_92b7f94b6a_o.jpg

Chris

Well, this clutch is now 3 weeks old. I had to split the babies into smaller groups today. They are growing quickly. Here is a shot of one of the babies today:

6371716555_a93894a896_o.jpg

Chris

These guys are continuing to grow very quickly and all are doing well! The largest of the clutch are really starting to look like small peacock chameleons now. Here is an updated pic of one of them from today:

6407299377_64502a407f_o.jpg

Chris

These guys started hatching 6 weeks ago today. They are growing very quickly and all 9 are doing well. I wasn't convinced I could sex them yet but I'm starting to think I was second guessing myself because of the number of males in the clutch. My current best guess is that these 9 are 7.2, which is a little disappointing. Hopefully I'll be able to get some other CH/CB females to add to my group though. Anyway, we'll see if that prediction ends up being right but here are a couple pics from today:

Juvenile male:
6495946283_56aeffba18_o.jpg

Juvenile female:
6495946487_63c83f507d_o.jpg

6495946697_1520d6cc2d_o.jpg

Enjoy,

Chris

About how much do they weigh now? I'm guessing they weighed somewhere around 0.5g when they hatched and I just wanted to get an idea of how fast they're growing.

Back
Top Bottom