Trioceros perreti (Southern Peacock Chameleons)

These little guys are absolutely beautiful! I hope you have success with breeding in the future...maybe then I can get my hands on one of these!!:D

I have 17 eggs. Some are discolored and i just scraped a little bit of mold of of one. the first batch of 8 eggs is three months incubating today and the other 9 are will be a month old around christmas.

hopefully i will have plenty of females for you Chris. Still have a long wait.

Awesome babies!

Just wondering, the genus if this species is Trioceros but i dont see any signs of horns. I figure that it must be primarily DNA based. Are there any research papers that gives more information on the genus profile?

About how much do they weigh now? I'm guessing they weighed somewhere around 0.5g when they hatched and I just wanted to get an idea of how fast they're growing.

Unfortunately I didn't weight them when they hatched, nor have I weighed them since. I will try to put the largest one on a scale this weekend and see what they are at now though.

I have 17 eggs. Some are discolored and i just scraped a little bit of mold of of one. the first batch of 8 eggs is three months incubating today and the other 9 are will be a month old around christmas.

hopefully i will have plenty of females for you Chris. Still have a long wait.

I'm definitely looking forward to when yours start hatching and hopefully you'll get more females than I did! It'd be great to see a few people with nice CH groups that they can try to get CBB babies from.

Awesome babies!

Just wondering, the genus if this species is Trioceros but i dont see any signs of horns. I figure that it must be primarily DNA based. Are there any research papers that gives more information on the genus profile?

There are actually a lot of Trioceros species that do not have have any signs of horns. In fact, more than half of all Trioceros species and subspecies do not have horns. I'll have to get back to you on what particular morphological features are used to differentiate the Trioceros from other genera, however.

Chris

Well, I wish i weighed them when they hatched, but as of now, they are about 1.6 grams.

Chris
That's definitely faster than my baby montium from my females first clutch with me. He didn't weigh that much until he was twice as old (14 weeks). I was basing the 0.5g on him since he weighed 0.54g the day he hatched.

Only had time to grab a couple photos before the lights went out tonight but at just over 10 weeks old, they're getting big!

6676551855_6699889e05_o.jpg

Chris

Very nice. I hope you make loads of other babies from these guys. It looks like there is a lot of interest.

Back
Top Bottom