Trioceros Perreti breeding

You are just going into baby factory mode. Following after Carl's example? Congrats, I know you are happy to see them.

Thanks guys! First one is out running around, eight more to go. The ones that hatched a month ago look huge in comparison.

These have always been a favorite of mine. The babies always did well for me too and seemed very hardy. Best of luck with them!

Chris

Thanks Chris. All of my hatchlings from 3 species are doing great. I haven't lost a single one. The new baby bins I put together are working exceptionally well. They are loaded with springtails that just showed up on their own, presumably from the peat moss substrate. And I'm using four different feeders, bean beetles, rice four beetles, fruit flies, and baby banded crickets. I'll take some new photos after I recover from the Christmas rush. Been crazy busy this year.

Thanks Chris. All of my hatchlings from 3 species are doing great. I haven't lost a single one. The new baby bins I put together are working exceptionally well. They are loaded with springtails that just showed up on their own, presumably from the peat moss substrate. And I'm using four different feeders, bean beetles, rice four beetles, fruit flies, and baby banded crickets. I'll take some new photos after I recover from the Christmas rush. Been crazy busy this year.

I would definitely like to see pictures of your baby bins. I will subscribe. :)

Congratulation Mike! I had my fingers crossed these would hatch.

Thanks! I've got so many different species going right now. My intent was to figure out which species was most suited to my method of keeping and mainly focus on them. They've all been doing so well, that I can't decide.

I'm at a dead end with the T. perreti unless I can get some fresh blood though.

Thanks! I've got so many different species going right now. My intent was to figure out which species was most suited to my method of keeping and mainly focus on them. They've all been doing so well, that I can't decide.

I'm at a dead end with the T. perreti unless I can get some fresh blood though.

Are these still considered Trioceros wiedersheimi perreti, or have they been moved up to their own species? If they haven't moved up to their own species, is there a chance they came in labeled as Trioceros wiedersheimi in the recent shipment Reptile Pets Direct got in?

Chase

Chase

is there a chance they came in labeled as Trioceros wiedersheimi in the recent shipment Reptile Pets Direct got in?

I was not aware that RPD has gotten anything from Cameroon. Backwater has but I don't believe they have any. I may be able to put in a request for their next shipment.

Are these still considered Trioceros wiedersheimi perreti, or have they been moved up to their own species? If they haven't moved up to their own species, is there a chance they came in labeled as Trioceros wiedersheimi in the recent shipment Reptile Pets Direct got in?

Chase

Chase

Chase,

Trioceros wiedersheimi was split by Barej et al. (2010 - Bonn zool. Bull. 57 (2):211-229). What had been referred to as a subspecies of T. wiedersheimi (T. w. perreti) was elevated to full species status (Trioceros perreti). At the same time, it was realized that what we had been calling the nominate subspecies (T. w. wiedersheimi) did not actually match the type material of T. wiedersheimi, but rather belonged to a taxon that had previously been synonomized with T. wiedersheimi (Trioceros serratus). So, T. serratus was revalidated as well.

Chris

I'd bet they are listing these as T. wiedersheimi because they can't tell between T. serratus and T. perreti. Kind of like the fischers chameleons, where you order one species and get something totally different, or a box of mixed. Although I'd happily take either of the above but hopefully not one of each. That gets frustrating quick.

Back
Top Bottom