Trioceros Merumontanus Video P. Necas

Mendez

Chameleon Enthusiast

I love merumontanus, so whenever a new video or picture comes out, I'm watching it over and over again for weeks. Great video and information @PetNcs! I've heard rumors about merumontanus being a separate species from jacksonii for a while--nice to have this confirmed. Very cool to have them named trioceros merumontanus instead of trioceros jacksonii merumontanus.

Once again, amazing work! Your footage is stunning :love:

@PetNcs, do you know why merumontanus are more likely to have crooked/wonky horns compared to the kenyan xantholophus?

I love merus too. I had a pair a long time ago but they never reproduced. I must have been missing something from their husbandry ...or maybe since they were WC and I didn't know how old they were, they were just too old.

Glad to know someone else likes them so much !

I love merus too. I had a pair a long time ago but they never reproduced. I must have been missing something from their husbandry ...or maybe since they were WC and I didn't know how old they were, they were just too old.
Were you able to get night temps into the 50s? I feel like that is the biggest challenge, but I'm working on a way to achieve this for the day that they become available again. Prototyping at the moment since a regular portable AC unit can't achieve these temps..

No...that might have been part of the problem.
They did live for quite a few years here though...so at least I managed that.

Meru’s are such a cool species.
7B93D103-BC43-43DB-8F9F-1C1858696515.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom