trioceros laterispinis

leedragon

Chameleon Enthusiast
I kinda missing threads about the more weird(cool) chameleosn latley. so Fire up. who is breeding those ones. how old are they, what does your set up look like. pics? yes post some pics.

Jurgen and Mario are the only ones I know of with this species. It is a dream species of mine. I don't think anyone state side has any....and if they do, I'm coming over!
if they sell some Youngs there should be some more people out there that has them. come on come on´, the predators are gone, show yourselves.

Jurgen and Mario are the only ones I know of with this species. It is a dream species of mine. I don't think anyone state side has any....and if they do, I'm coming over!

I actually think a small group made it to the states a couple years ago. I could not say who got the pairs that were for sale though.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Also, @leedragon, I thought I would upload this for you in particular. Knew you would enjoy the blues. Crappy pic, but it will do!

IMAG1262.jpg
Also, @leedragon, I thought I would upload this for you in particular.

yepp I thin I recall some threads and adds for laterispinis and other fun species bac in 2013 I think

Well these people either killed them or they are recluses. Because they should be showing them off.

@Motherlode Chameleon, who brought them in? I wish they would get another order in progress.

I believe Jessica Cuffee at Woodland Chameleons was the person who brought them in and still has them.

That sounds accurate. I would send her a pm to confirm if she has got some Trioceros laterispinis as of now.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Also, @leedragon, I thought I would upload this for you in particular. Knew you would enjoy the blues. Crappy pic, but it will do!

View attachment 181227 Also, @leedragon, I thought I would upload this for you in particular.
daaamm man i owe you one. his colors looks like those crazy neon luminescing saltwater fishes.

That sounds accurate. I would send her a pm to confirm if she has got some Trioceros laterispinis as of now.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
cool man let me know what comes up.

One of the big problems about them is the clutches are mainly females.
that´s sound interesting. I never have hear of such in chameleons Before. I know of some daygeckos that are that way. do you have any papers where I can read about it?

No sorry. That is just some breeder's experience here in Europe.
interesting. I wonder if they are affected by the temperatures the mothers are exposed to while gestating. the same way alligators and other reptiles are. there where some speculations that this was the case whith Yemens eggs. that temperatures affected the gender of the Youngs, altought proven to be wrong.

I just went through the IUCN Red List page last night and Trioceros laterispinis is listed by the IUCN as an Endangered species. They have got an extremely restricted range and the forest they do live in are heavily fragmented. This species appears to require much restoration of connecting the small forest fragments of that they live in now. Some good news there is conservation of this species and in their native habitat in the form of two nature preserves "the Kigogo Forest Reserve and Udzungwa Scarp Forest Reserve". This protects and conserve this species long term in their native habitat. Along with these reserves a third reserve appears to being made in the future.

Trioceros laterispinis is in rough shape in the wild. As of now I think this species could use some big population and habitat recovery in the wild before any Wild Caught quotas are made. Plus then a delisting from the Endangered status. However even with an IUCN Red List Endangered status, CITES has a farm quota for this species of 14 F1 farm bred Trioceros laterispinis for 2017. I am not the biggest fan of that policy the making an Endangered species a CITES quota species. Especially without a positive trend at reversing the species decline in their native habitat.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
I just went through the IUCN Red List page last night and Trioceros laterispinis is listed by the IUCN as an Endangered species. They have got an extremely restricted range and the forest they do live in are heavily fragmented. This species appears to require much restoration of connecting the small forest fragments of that they live in now. Some good news there is conservation of this species and in their native habitat in the form of two nature preserves "the Kigogo Forest Reserve and Udzungwa Scarp Forest Reserve". This protects and conserve this species long term in their native habitat. Along with these reserves a third reserve appears to being made in the future.

Trioceros laterispinis is in rough shape in the wild. As of now I think this species could use some big population and habitat recovery in the wild before any Wild Caught quotas are made. Plus then a delisting from the Endangered status. However even with an IUCN Red List Endangered status, CITES has a farm quota for this species of 14 F1 farm bred Trioceros laterispinis for 2017. I am not the biggest fan of that policy the making an Endangered species a CITES quota species. Especially without a positive trend at reversing the species decline in their native habitat.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
I think all the efforts should be done on helping, protecting and restoring their habitat.
I do not understand how they dare to say there are cites when the wild animals are extremely hard to find in the area.
Hope they do not get exported until the numbers increase in the wild.

Back
Top Bottom