Trioceros johnstonii discussion group

How is your girl doing now?
She basked for 30 mins... now she is drinking. I still see a small bump in her side that could be an egg. I'm not sure.

These eggs are so big.. I can't imagine how she would have been able to fit these 10 in her.

I'm so glad she's drinking and basking. Hopefully Mama will continue to feel better. It had to be relief to get those eggs out. I hope that's all of them.

Thanks guys! She just downed 4 large crickets.

ty6epeva.jpg

du3e7ebe.jpg

agujemyq.jpg

6uvevyma.jpg

She is so mind blowingly gorgeous whether calm or stressed! Very happy to hear the oxytocin worked it's magic on her; I typically claim 30 to 40% success rate with Chameleons. Congratulations pops!

She is so mind blowingly gorgeous whether calm or stressed! Very happy to hear the oxytocin worked it's magic on her; I typically claim 30 to 40% success rate with Chameleons. Congratulations pops!
Thanks sir! she still looks big to me so I may give her some time then have my vet check for more.

The incubator is holding steady 68-69. only 100 days until they are due!
a3apaza6.jpg

She still looks big to me.

i think she does too. are you able to do any gentle palpation to see if any obvious eggs can be felt? it's also pretty common for them to still not get all the eggs out w/ one oxytocin injection, often there may still be a few left. i typically would give another injection soon after dropping the eggs if the first dose worked but some were still retained, and they usually quickly drop the others right away. in either situation, i supplement w/ quick-acting calcium before and after for a few days, calcium gluboniate or injectable if necessary.

Now I'm not sure that she has more eggs. She seems to have deflated a bit. I don't feel any eggs when putting light pressure on her gut.

aza4uge7.jpg

u2e6ana8.jpg

2ugyzusa.jpg

eqare3yd.jpg

7ere7ape.jpg

Jason.

Lets hope for the best for here,you can always take an echo to check if all the eggs are gone.
I have not gotten that 2nd echo yet. She just dropped another egg. It was dented when I found it. That makes a total of 11. I've got an appointment tomorrow for that 2nd echo. I'm guessing that there is one more egg since from what I've seen, they develop eggs evenly.

That sure is a lot of really big eggs from a tiny girl.

Back
Top Bottom