Trioceros johnstonii discussion group

Any updates? I'm curious who has what. I know a number of these johnstonii bit the dust.

I currently have my two pairs, 16 babies and some eggs in the oven.

I borrowed Tylene's (Ponders)male and have had successful mating with him and one of my females. One of my males from the import did not want to mate. :confused:

I lost 4 of my babies due to a feeding incident but all the rest are doing great.They are eating FF's, House flies,crickets and silkworms. At 1 month old you can just see the horns starting on the males.

Any updates? I'm curious who has what. I know a number of these johnstonii bit the dust.

I currently have my two pairs, 16 babies and some eggs in the oven.

I borrowed Tylene's (Ponders)male and have had successful mating with him and one of my females. One of my males from the import did not want to mate. :confused:

I lost 4 of my babies due to a feeding incident but all the rest are doing great.They are eating FF's, House flies,crickets and silkworms. At 1 month old you can just see the horns starting on the males.

I have eggs cooking but I found my female dead with blood coming out off her mouth 2 weeks after she laid her eggs. PM me i want to buy some of your babies.

I highly recommend reading CIN Issue #9. It is an old issue and the nomenclature is out of date however is a great read about all aspects of husbandry, breeding and incubating Trioceros johnstonii.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I highly recommend reading CIN Issue #9. It is an old issue and the nomenclature is out of date however is a great read about all aspects of husbandry, breeding and incubating Trioceros johnstonii.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Since you're probably one of the very few that would have that old publication perhaps you could post the important information here.

Thanks.

I am sort of a johnstonii owner. I own a johnstonii but will not see it for a long time due to my frigid weather?:(

Can I join in now just to learn? Maybe some time, way out in the future I will want to breed, but first I will need some quality time with my girl.

Since you're probably one of the very few that would have that old publication perhaps you could post the important information here.

Thanks.

Craig I am going to allow you to read that one on your own. If you need help tracking down someone in Southern California with a copy send me a PM. There should be more than a couple complete sets in Southern California. Me with my copyrights I have got copyright issues.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Thanks Kent. I think I'm doing ok with the johnstonii.

I would agree. I haven't looked at it in years and I'm not sure what it could offer besides locality information and John Anniss' theories about hypervitaminosis A. If I remember correctly, he did go several generations deep with them, though.

Congratulations Craig.

For those of you with CH T. johnstonii , do you find them to be more hardy than the adults?

Chase

Back
Top Bottom