Trioceros johnstoni bwindi

For all those that havent paid the remaining balance they owe on the Uganda chams they ordered, I will need full payment immediately or these wont be shipped to me!!!. The 50% deposit was also non-refundable, so I dont want anyone not getting their chameleons they ordered! I believe I have either emailed or pm'd everyone that ordered.
Please send PayPal payment to [email protected] and send $ for friends/family so I receive the full amount. Thank you.
Paul Fowler

These are going to be here later this month!!! I know, finally.

okay most of the people payed thanks for the trust!
Please can the last few arrange the payment to Paul so we can do the import?
Thanks for the understanding;)

Excuse my ignorance. I thought those were bwindi. Could you please show me what the difference is between the bwindi and the rwenz?

Hey Paul,

Can you please share some thoughts on the fact that these will arrive and need to reshipped in the dead of winter and during the Christmas shipping season?

Perhaps it will be after Christmas and that will work out, but again, just want to get some thoughts on that and what precautions you are going to take.

Thanks!

Bobby

Hey Paul,

Can you please share some thoughts on the fact that these will arrive and need to reshipped in the dead of winter and during the Christmas shipping season?

Perhaps it will be after Christmas and that will work out, but again, just want to get some thoughts on that and what precautions you are going to take.

Thanks!

Bobby

Well, I didn't plan on them arriving in the winter or at Xmas time. Bad timing on the Cites commissions part! I will do my best to pack them extra extra good along with heat packs. this is definitely a stressful time for me.

Let's talk about arrive alive guarantees.
We placed the orders in March thinking they would come in during warm weather, now they are ready to ship at the worst time of year for shipping live animals. There are no refunds for deposits but what about receiving a box of chamsickles??

Johnstoni

I have the same thoughts as Steven on shipping this time of year! I also would like to point out that with the x-mas and New Years holiday's it is almost a guarantee that if these animals are shipped during this time frame some if not MANY WILL get stuck in a shipping facility for days. Everyone is aware that this could cause significant loses to these fantastic and beautiful chameleons. If we do this and there are this type of loss what does that say about us as responsible or ( irresponsible ) keepers. We have waited this long so what will a week or even another month matter. I am very concerned about this. It's known or commonly thought that the females are more prone to stress and loss and I for one have no desire to take this chance. I would love to hear from others and their thoughts on this subject!!!! Let's not let excitement and a rush to get these here cloud our judgement !!!!!!!
This is just my opinion but many others have expressed these same thoughts to me privately so it's time for everyone to speak their mind now before we have a catastrophe on our hands.
Steve

Well, I didn't plan on them arriving in the winter or at Xmas time. Bad timing on the Cites commissions part! I will do my best to pack them extra extra good along with heat packs. this is definitely a stressful time for me.

This post is why I am very concerned and shows what I would consider a lack of good judgement in a rush to get these chameleons out. I don't know if Paul or anyone could properly handle 48 chameleons in addition to their own collection. I'm up to almost 50 cages at this time but still would not be able to house each chameleon sepeately and not in view of each other so there would be un due stress on an already sensitive species. Sorry if this seems as a rant but I feel it is necessary to address these issues before it's too late. Again this is just my opinion.
Steve
Ps I have sent Jurgen a pm with my thoughts on this subject and am hoping for a response soon!!!

Last edited:
I agree completely. We have waited 7 months+ and after all of that time we leave the success and future of these animals in north america (remember, we have been told no more would become available) to freezing weather and gambling on holiday shipping would not only be irresponsible, but ridiculous.

It cant be driven by a financial need as everyone has already paid, so what is the hurry exactly??

Bobby

Hi everyone,
Shipping will happen if everything runs fine the first week after new year depending on the available flights.
My importer/exporter is in business for more than 25 years in shipping reptiles worldwide.
He had shipped reptiles to Canada and it was freezing -25C,animals arrived in a splendid condition.
Shipment will happen in a thermo cell with a stable temperature and heat packs.
After landing the box will be placet in a thermo controlled room following the IATA regulations for transporting reptiles.
After that its in Paul hands,he got experience for several years in shipping in cold conditions so nothing new.
Do you reallty were thinking we would ship such a precious cargo without experience....Jesus:confused:
Any more questions i will answer with no problem;)

If people are worried about the transport,we ship about 3000 chameleons a year from winter true summer to about 35 country's worldwide.
We ship from Hong Kong to Canada from Japan to Asia so please stop panicking and prepare your cages to give these guys the best care!!!!!!;)

Jurgen,I was most concerned about the time of the year with the holiday shipping rush and was under the impression these would be shipped before the end of December. If that would have been the case, that combined with the cold weather could have been a real problem. I am so thankful to you for clarifying how this is going to go and feel much better.
Thank You for your post.
Steve

Jurgen,I was most concerned about the time of the year with the holiday shipping rush and was under the impression these would be shipped before the end of December. If that would have been the case, that combined with the cold weather could have been a real problem. I am so thankful to you for clarifying how this is going to go and feel much better.
Thank You for your post.
Steve

No problems Steve i'm really appreciating that you want the best for the animals it shows that you have a hart for chameleons and want to give them the best care,that's what i like!;)
But you are not dealing with beginners they are in the best hands!

Jurgen, you are not understanding what we are telling you. We have no doubts at all that you and the exporter are very knowledgeable and know how to ship/pack sensitive species of chameleons very well. It is not about that, its about the time of year HERE in the USA. It will be around Christmas time and New Years, the busiest time of year for packages to be sent by everyone all over the country, it is also one of the coldest times of the year. Many packages get lost for extended periods of time, or get delayed many days because of the overload of packages being sent through every shipping service in the country. So, it does not matter how well they are packed if they get lost or delayed. I dont understand the rush to ship them here either when we have already been patient enough waiting this long for them. I am beyond stressed over receiving this many chams on top of my own as it is, and the time they are being sent and the shipping carrier conditions here in the states just adds 1000% more stress for me and everyone else getting these chameleons.
It would be absolutely idiotic to rush and send them at the VERY worst time of year they could possibly be sent. Please understand what we are trying to tell you:) I dont want to sound rude at all, but we are very concerned over this. NOT because of you, but because of how shipping is this time of year over here. Its a recipe for disaster.

Back
Top Bottom