Trioceros ellioti 2018

Ekona

Established Member
I've been hoping to work with this species for a while now. Some arrived and I obtained a pair (gift certificate helped!). I'm thinking they are in fact a pair. Any comments welcome for ID.

They look to be in pretty good shape. Here are a few pics minutes after unpacking...I hope they settle in and survive!

Male?
Q4CNXu.jpg

Female? (began feeding on small crickets immediately and is on the hunt...)
0uibSb.jpg

y2SO1Z.jpg

BreDiy.jpg

Nice species. Thanks for posting pictures.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Thanks, Jeremy - I'll post some more for documentation. This male is not very colorful, but it is interesting to see what is being imported most likely from a farm in Kenya? I'm not seeing any real lookers documented anywhere as far as what is coming in, so I wonder if what I have are the standard form from the same exporter in Kenya?, or just the more "plain janes" of of the batch(s) sent over and/or shipped from the importer to me. I would love to see a really colorful population of this species some day.

Last edited:
Nice! Are these the ones from LLL? If you are successful with them, let me know! ;)
Yes from LLL. I went ahead and placed the order, and so far so good. We'll see how they hold up. Both male and female are feeding. The male really is quite sedentary (or lethargic) so far. I hear that this species may not be as active as others, certainly less so than K. boehmei.

Last edited:
Well, upon closer observation this evening, I’ve noticed the male has some health issues.
The rep at LLL made the assurance that only healthy animals would be sent, after I requested they please not sell me injured or visibly unwell animals. This is the second order (out of two) from them in which less than healthy animals have been sent. I’ve had much better success with other vendors who make it a policy not to sell animals they themselves would not want to receive. Prices might be a little higher, but well worth it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom