Triceros jacksonii jacksonii

Connorology

Avid Member
Does anyone have experience with this subspecies (T. j. jacksonii) or know a good breeder to purchase from? I've seen some pretty spectacular colors on these guys, compared to the solid green of the xantholophus, though I'm not sure if those colors are representative or just the most strikingly colored animals come up first on an image search.

I don't know of any specific breeders. Someone here on the Forums got some in not too long ago. I believe he stated that he got them from Snakes at Sunset. You may want to give them a look. They do have much prettier coloration than that of the xanths.

Last edited:
I don't know of any specific breeders. Someone here on the Forums got some in not too long ago. I believe he stated that he got them from Snakes at Sunset. You may want to give them a look. They do have much prettier coloration than that of the xanths.

Hi, I have one and actually bought him at Snakes at Sunset with my son when we were in Miami last year. They mentioned that he was captive bred and he's a robust and beautiful specimen. My son named him Lee. We were staying at my sister-in-law's house, and when we brought him to the house, my wife had a severe panic attack or some type of phobia breakdown. It was a pathetic scene. I had to return him to the store and my 8 year old son was heartbroken. I came up with the idea of having him shipped to a friend's house which I did. It's been a year and only this week did I finally negotiate with my wife and calm her down in order to have him live at our house. I had to sell my Harley Davidson V Rod and buy her a mini van, but I'm pleased to finally have him in my full time care. Lee is quite docile and ate from our hand the day we got him. He's still in perfect health and I thank my friend and his wife & daughter for taking such good care of him. I'm planning on upgrading to a Dragon Strand clear sided cage from the 36" high Reptibreeze and adding a Mistking & Quad light from Lightyourreptiles. We're raising Dubia roaches & gut loading them & crickets with Repashy's Superload & Cricket Crack. Lee hasn't had any health problems and is doing very well. I highly recommend getting one from Snakes at Sunset. For what it's worth, I think I paid around $149. I hope this helps.
John

Back
Top Bottom